Sunday, August 8, 2021

Recent Online Finds...

      It has been one week into August and busy with so many projects... LOL  But, that is okay. I like keeping busy. No appointment date set as to my Breast Cancer removal, and that's okay too. Here's what finds came in the mail the past week...

I found via Yahoo Japan, these lovely vintage DX accessory purse case and box with hankie set. The clear purse case above came with lovely multi colored beaded necklace, 2 hair clips, 2 rings, and 2 clip on earrings. I've already listed it in my Etsy shop last week and it sold. The boxed jewelry set below, I will keep for now. I love the Licca purse case. I need to replace the gold tone chain, because it is rusting. ugh. But I've already washed the hankie. Just unique and I love vintage toy jewelry!


I bought these fake cotton candy and lollipops to use as props with my plushies and dolls! And, I am so glad I did! Just look at Happy and Chubby with their yummies!! They definitely make great props!!



I never knew this existed, Knickerbocker wind up music box. No, its not from a plush, but sold exactly this way. You turn the crank and it plays a song. In this case, it's "Three Blind Mice." A bit off tune, but that's probably because its like over 50 years old. I think about 1950s. I found out there are other color combinations. This one is pink with gray. I've seen pink with blue and pink with black. So far, songs like "Rockabye Baby." In the box from Japan, I also got these amazing Pose doll ornaments!! These are hard to find. They make great Christmas Tree ornaments as a friend once shared on flickr. Just love them and they are a great addition to my collection.


Next, this lot of vintage Japan wallets, memo book, origami and mirror cases! I've already listed a few in my shop and kept a few. My fave is the origami case in pink below, the mini pencil case, and the rose quilted mirror and case. Just look at that pencil case, it is so small and opens just like a life sized one!! OMG! Then, I found a miniature bone China girl sitting figurine. She was too cute to pass up. Quite unique and looks like a little fairy.





Then, two lovely Rushton plush bunny and puppy. I love that the puppy still had his original Rushton tag!! Their colors are quite unique. The hot pink bunny is just adorable. She will be added to my collection. The orange puppy, is smaller than he actually looks about 6 inches across. He sits a top my record player for now...


On Instagram a friend shared a Snapchat photo of herself and she looked exactly like an ad from the 1950s!! I literally downloaded Snapchat just for this filter. I love it!! It was so much fun to do! Next, I was able to find some pink vtg Valentine's Chocolate boxes on Ebay. I sold the first one, and decided to keep the other in dots. They are great for props!! The flocked bear with blue hair is also a recent find. He is just adorable and also listed in my shop!!



Can you believe, I found this lovely vintage Japan baby hooded blanket off of Ebay!! When I was searching for baby blankets, it popped up and it took me a month to decide if I was really going to buy it. I"m so glad I did. This blanket is rare, even in Japan. It has vtg bunny and bird nostalgic puffy decals on it. Many fabrics have the very same characters on it. But this one is a puffy applique. Even the drawstrings for the hoodie, had pompoms!! I love the way the seams of the blanket has like chiffon pink fabric sewn into the edging. This style reminds me of the 1960s style of sewing the edging on blankets. So cute!!

Next, this lovely vintage nursery Mother Goose record. Sadly, it has a scratch on one side, but I am hoping to follow some of the directions on google to see if I can fix it. I have yet to play it on my record player. Soon!! Below, a commission for a dear friend. I have his bear and am working on replacing his fur. I can't wait to see how it all turns out!! More on this, soon!
Have a great week all!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment