Monday, April 4, 2022

Rushton Cosplay!

Earlier last month I found and bought this adorable Rushton Bunny. It took almost a month to get to me from the States?! What?! Yup. I'm still unsure as to why it took so long, but probably had to do with the fact that she was a big plushie...

This Rushton bunny stands about 32 inches tall. She came wearing this adorable 1940s style Nurse's uniform with painted white shoes, and pocket watch. I immediately, took off her uniform, and she was dressed in a camisole, panty, and 2 layers of socks. Mostly, I believe to hide the yellow fabric her body was made of underneath. Her shoes were pink felt inside the shoes and the cardboard and some stuffing was removed as well to allow room for her feet to wear the shoes. Inside the tank top, were padding made to look like a bra. As I removed the makeshift bra the padding just disintegrated into orange sand. There were pins everywhere, most holding the bra in place and the costume as well.

Like layers of an onion, I began peeling back each layer. In the end, her body underneath was in great condition. She even had her original tag. I began to remove all her stuffing to prepare her for the washer. As I took out the stuffing in her feet, I slowing began to pull out what looked like stockings and cotton balls. My guess is that the owner, didn't have cotton batting to restuff her with. I found at least 8 or 9 pairs of stockings inside her!

And at least fifty pins, with some rusted and had fused with the fabric. Ugh. After removing all the stuffing, I washed her. She came out nice and clean, I didn't realize it at the time, but her original tag was missing after the wash. Oh no!! I laid her out to dry and after about 2 days. She was ready for me to work on. I also washed her costume. Sadly, I never found her tag again.


As always, the felt feet didn't survive the wash. So I decided to replace it with blue felt instead. That way it could match the costume better. I thought about using white, but I didn't want the feet to get dirty easily. So blue was the better choice. While she dried, I took a closer look at the pocket watch she had. It is made of tin from Japan, and you can press the knob at the top to open the clock to see the face. It was in a lovely condition for its age. The knob can turn and it moves the red hands on the clock. Too cute!


Inside, her bra and tank top, was this piece of paper that's labeled, "Lady Elvin." I wonder who that might be? Perhaps the name of the nurse? Not sure. The other night as I was in a deep sleep, I was awoken about 4am to the sound of a girls voice, gagging! It literally scared me, I thought it was Sara becoming nauseous from her bedroom. So I listened, waiting to hear her go into her bathroom, but nothing. After a few minutes, I knew it wasn't her. So, I made myself go back to sleep praying. That was definitely, unexpected and a first for me, well almost. Perhaps, this little bunny nurse once belonged to an ill child, a girl perhaps, and this Rushton was meant to be a companion for an untimely situation... I can only hope she is happy that her bunny is still dressed as a nurse and has a lot more years to be loved.

No, I am not saying she is haunted, but definitely a bunny that was loved by someone in the past. I will share this, I often use sage to cleanse the item and area I work in. Sometimes, I think the essence of a person, does linger, and I am not surprised either. After I had restored her feet, I replaced her undergarments and just altered them a bit. In order to accommodate her shoes, and tail. I then, ironed out her nurse uniform and redressed her. I think the costume makes her more unique and she is a lovely nurse after all. Perhaps a Nurse Ratched from, "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."


Sadly, her nurse's hat did get stained by the bleeding of the black rope that lined the cap when it was washed. Darn it! But, still love on her. I also added a "Tingaling" sounder to her and wires in her ears. Now, she's ready to take care of you when you are sick. Haha, just like Nurse Ratched, not!!

No other disturbances since then. Have a wonderful rest of your week and beginning of April!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment