Saturday, April 30, 2022

Good bye April 2022...

 It has been a busy month and now it has come to an end. I can't believe how fast April has gone! I had a few commissions to keep me busy, along with some finds as well. It will be lovely to continue what I can. So, here's what the past month has been busy with...

A fellow collector had me restore her Sailor Rushton Bunny! Yup, that's mine on the right and hers on the left of the photo! He turned out gorgeous too! His colors are definitely more bright than mine is. We had discussed perhaps mine is an older model? Than, I found this lovely adorable blue dotted Gund bunny. He needed cleaning and sewing too! I was supposed to flip him and list him in my shop. But, he's won my heart and I can't seem to let him go. It has been like that as of late... Ugh. I dislike when I fall in love with them after I restore them! I'm trying to tell myself, "They need to be loved by others, not by myself!!" Haha! I don't think I'm listening.

Next, I was asked by a fellow collector to make her Eegee puppet dolls into a hybrid doll like my Alice. So, when they arrived earlier this month. I was very excited to do the job, that I had completed it within a few days. They left as soon as I was done too! And I am very pleased with the way they turned out. Doing my friends dolls made me inspired to finish working on my Eegee Gypsy and now she is Little Red Riding Hood! I even found a basket for her to hold!


While doing my usual searches I came across this adorable Sailor Duck by My Toy. He just needed a bit of washing and touch up on his face paint. I added a red satin bow and he turned out so cute. Of course I decided not to sell him. Not good for my pocket book, that is for sure!! On Ebay, a seller auctioned the very gold bow and arrow that belonged to a Rushton Valentine's Bear, similar to the one that I have! I won and received it in the mail. It will be a great addition to this adorable Rushton Bear for sure!


I also restored this Yawning Bear I Binned from Ebay. I took out his gross yellow sponge stuffing and replaced it with cotton batting. I added this adorable 80s baby onesie with buttons. Yup, you guessed it. I made him so cute, I couldn't part with him! Ugh!! But, who could resist him?! Nope, I could not. I also found a lot of Vtg. baby rattle toy animals, 2 lambs and an elephant. They are great as props too! I bought this cool book by Alice Snow on Etsy! "The ABC Book of Horror". I knew Sara might like it so I bought a copy. Alice even sent along with the book some stickers as gifts! Too cute for words and very unique. I loved the book!



Adorable Animal Rummy cards for my props in my photos! I love the adorable animal art in them. Definitely from the 1950s or so and they make great props for jewelry etc.! I also bought this lot of tin colored pencils sets. Two of them I've already listed in my shop, so they are up for grabs! One is by Macoto Takahashi! I have been wanting this type of vinyl clutch purse. I've seen a few others with pink flowers or peach. This one in white flowers and just an adorable delicate velvet blue bow inside. This purse is the best condition I've seen out of the ones I've found too!


A rarity, this lovely large Pose doll which reminds me of my Lulu pose doll bunka doll. She is made in Japan, and has just a few issues on her forehead and arm. I was able to fix them for now. She is in a quite lovely condition for her age too! Now, to figure out how to stabilize her to stand on her own...Hmmm. I also was able to bin this lovely Totsy sheer blue 50s style dolly dress. I was hoping it might fit Alice...




...And, it did!! Yay! I just need to find Alice a petticoat or undergarment. Truly a lovely dress for its condition and age. Even more so lovely on Alice. Last, is this blast from the past!! A Childcraft Make and Do Volume 11 book. Not exactly the book cover from my childhood, but inside the book is exactly the same as the book I grew up with! I remember my mother buying a set for our family in the 70s. I grew up reading each of the volumes when I was bored, over and over. This particular volume holds so many memories of my mother and Lita!!!


You see as a kid, I wanted to make the candies in its pages, sew my dolly a skating outfit, and even take boxes and make them into not a submarine, but a playhouse to play in!! And my Mom and sister helped me to realize a lot of it. I recall trying to make the candy in one of the examples. It was just like the book, but definitely a candy that was quite unique. My sister took the box from our new washer, I believe, and made me a playhouse with it. It had windows, and even a main door. My Mom and her even made window curtains. I loved it so much, I slept in it with my legs sticking out for several days, maybe even weeks. It was definitely nostalgic to look upon the pages of the book. Even made me think of my Mom who's passed on, and Lita who still resides Stateside. Missing both of them even more...

Ahhh, very nostalgic book indeed! Do you remember this book? Does it hold memories for you too?! I may need to get myself a few more volumes. Haha!

I hope April was a good month for you as well. Now, let's see what May holds for us...shall we!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment