Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Taby's Birthday Trip!!

Sam decided we would take Tabytha to Japan for a 2 day trip. It was definitely what we all needed. Just a break from the island life...

We got up at our usual time and relaxed a bit before our flight. This time we had a noon flight to catch and not some ungodly hour! Yay! Once on the plane we relaxed and were excited for this trip! We arrived into Narita, Japan by 3pm. Tried to catch our shuttle bus to our hotel but missed the first one. Oh well, so instead we took a taxi and got to the hotel to check in, put our bags, change clothes and set out to get some dinner!

We caught the shuttle bus to the Aeon mall and made our way to the restaurants. We chose a nice Japanese sit down restaurant and it's was definitely delicious. With our bellies full we headed out for a bit of looking around...


There was a cat cafe, but because of the time we found it, it was closing up. Oh well. Just look at these two adorable kitties. Just made me think of my dear friend Heather and her cutie, Smoosh!! We also enjoyed playing our favorite games, the gatcha machines!! LOL

By the time we got back to our hotel we just grabbed some desserts from the little convenient store downstairs and I got this yummy Sherbet style melon ice cream. It even has a really cute melon shaped container! It was very light and refreshing too!

The next morning we got up early had breakfast at our hotel and took a taxi to the Narita-san Temple. It was early enough that we got a chance to see the monks come out for prayer. It was beautiful and very calming. It was very humid though we were all surprised at how hot and humid it was and decided it was time to head back to the mall for more shopping and the airconditioning. But it was lunch time too!

This time I tried the shrimp burger at Mcdonald's there. Very delicious and sure it hit the spot. Afterwards, we went shopping, while Sam enjoyed a massage for an hour. The girls wanted to play at the arcade and try their hand at those crane machines. We spent the day there just relaxing and enjoying the sights and desserts too! By the time Sam was done, we got desserts at D's and I ordered a refreshing shaved ice and vanilla ice cream with sprinkles treat! While Taby and Sara had crepe desserts, yum! 


We did more shopping at Daiso, and Book End. So many cute things, but I just got some easy to carry things to bring back home. I saw a caramel apple kiosk the day before and this time they were open so I was able to pick up one and the shop was called, "Pariparingo Narita". The one I got was a cinnamon flavor candied apple. Very unique for sure, and cinnamony also light tasting too! Yum! Cherub Chubs enjoying some with me when we got back to the hotel. I also found those edible crystals I've seen on TikTok!!

They are called, "Unicorn Tears". Basically, crunchy jelly candies at Patty's shop. I also found a bunch of Swimmer Brand products! I didn't notice it til' I was sitting outside of the shop waiting for Sara and Taby to finish looking. I immediately got up and ran towards the shelf area with Swimmer products! I saw a cute gingham red print bunny pillow and it was large. I was thinking I should get it, but decided not too because it was just a bit too large to carry on the plane. Then, while my eyes headed down the shelf...

I found this lovely adorable Bear tea cup, tea pot, and even a dessert glass with the adorable blue bear! I could not resist it and bought the tea set!! OMG! Just look at that cutie bear!! Swimmer surely knows how to get us to buy their products!! I was very happy with finding this set and bringing it home too! I did not get the dessert glass though. By Tuesday, we were ready to go home. We got up early, ate breakfast at the hotel and caught the shuttle bus to the airport. We got home just in time for afternoon tea! LOL

It was a very sweet little getaway and the trip definitely inspired us. Below are most of the goodies I bought for family, friends and myself...

We always enjoy visiting Japan! My home away from home...

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment