Thursday, August 31, 2023

Goodbye August 2023...

 Time has flown by and we are already at the tail end of August! Tomorrow I will wake up to September!! Oh my! Here are my recent finds...

If you recall from my trip earlier this month, I got this adorable mini puzzle frame of "Castle in the Sky". Well, I finally worked on it and Sara helped me. It was fun to do too!! I also was able to acquire more "Baby Love" bear tea set pieces. I found the plates, and the glass as well. I have the bear mug and plates listed in my shop for purchase! Check it out on Etsy!

The bear shaped mug above is my ultimate favorite!! I will keep this one along with the tea pot. I also found these adorable kitsch-tastic kitchen towels with adorable anthropomorphic cuties. I love the colors of the towels too!

I was able to track down a vintage collapsible wire laundry basket from the 1950s. I've seen it from a fellow collector and she used it as a display for her dolls. I just had to get myself one for my babies. I was surprised, that the seller had it listed so cheap with free shipping. One seller had it up with a shipping price tag of $175. I was like nope, not that one. They shipped it to me parcel select and it arrived safely too! Yay! It's often hard to find large items that ship at a reasonable price. Oh well.
I also acquired some vintage plushies to restore. Like this adorable Rushton plush elephant. He was fun to work on and turned out just so cute too! He will live with me for a bit longer. Found this adorable almost minty Gund Floral sad bunny girl with her broken plush kitty. She is in amazing condition and will be added to my shop soon! I also restored this adorable Rushton Laughing Pup and Knickerbocker Duckie. I added a bonnet to her and made the bib!



The blue kitty I also restored and repainted her eyes to be blue instead of the ugly green and yellow she had on. I also made her the top she is wearing. The blue kitty sold last week! It's fun to upcycle sometimes and give a vintage plush a new look! These adorable oil cloth plushies below, are just too cute and have already sold from my shop!
I recently won a Lot of vintage Margaret and Ribon manga Japan goods. Most are listed in my shop already. Just amazing! I will keep a few things in the lot for my collection. But oh my goodness just look! A tin full of vintage ephemera as well!!

Lastly, this adorable vintage Ruth E. Newton Nursery book. I love the graphics and the cute kitty is similar to a rubber squeak I found recently. They will be great as a combo!

Well, that's all for now. I hope you all have a wonderful September!!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. PINK OCTOPUS! PINK OCTOPUS! AAAAAAAAAAA. I NEED HIM!!! HE WILL HAVE A GOOD HOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right dear! This one was made by a talented friend on Etsy! Hugs, Gigi

      Delete