Sara and I went on a mini vacation to visit my son and his family in Texas! We got there without any issues from our flight and the first night we actually stayed up and had a lovely home cooked meal by Monica and Tevin. Yum! We rested the next day and just relaxed. On the third day in Texas we did headed out to Daiso, Five and Below, and than Miniso at Ingram Mall.
Some unique items at Daiso for sure!! Like these laundry carriers? Not sure I thought they were for catching butterflies, but Sara says they are for laundry. LOL Still cute!! Then next photo is my haul from the store! I just had to get these!!The cute mini masks I had to get. I haven't seen these styles. The teal bear purse was just too adorable for words, and I found a different to me bath bomb with tiny pearl style princess miniatures. Great for your dolls! I ended up getting two tiaras. Darn. I wanted the tea cup or perfume bottle, oh well. Miniso had so much cute stuff too, but I was good and didn't buy anything, whew! It was very hard to resist, trust me!
By that Saturday, my son took us to Dave & Busters for lunch! We had a blast at Dave & Busters. I just got a simple meal and the kids had burgers and pasta. We even got the all day pass to play in the arcade. The kids had so much fun! While myself and baby strolled around watching them play. It was our first time going to one and it did not disappoint. Great memories made for sure!On the 23rd of July we went to the San Antonio Aquarium and enjoyed seeing the various fish, and wild life there. Sara really enjoyed it and even took home a souvenir... It was a small aquarium and even had feed for the animals and petting areas. Lots of summer camp kids were there enjoying the place as well. It was a relaxing stroll and I think Ivyn enjoyed it for sure. Did you notice?!
In my photo below of the aquarium's sign, right in front there were Flame Trees just like on Guam!! I was truly surprised to see! Ha! We also went to North Star Mall and saw a lot of great things at Hot Topic, and other shops. We left there with a Build A Bear plush for my grandson! Tev & Monica had fun putting it together for their son! Great memories!
There were some really big Koi there! I was surprised how large they were! Haha! Afterwards we went to a Japanese BBQ Hotpot restaurant and enjoyed lunch there. It was really good and Tevin and Monica did the cooking. I am being spoiled!! Haha! Yummy too!
I got a Miso soup base and mixed in a lot of veggies, fish cake, bean sprouts and ramen. It was delicious! We also had some meat and chicken that they barbequed! Definitely a great place to relax and enjoy with the family with good food! The staff were so helpful and always checking on us! I would definitely go back there again!
On the weekends while Monica went to work, Sara and I babysat and just enjoyed the San Antonio atmosphere. It was quite humid, with some rain and thunder. But overall we enjoyed our little getaway. Tev & Monica really spoiled us while there. Every night we either watched a horror or anime movie, played board games or Karaoked!! Haha! It was a blast for sure! On the last few days of our trip. They took us too The Japanese Tea garden, which was a beautiful place for sure and lots of locals and tourists there as well.
I was surprised that there were so many places with Flame trees as well, just like the ones we have on Guam!! For lunch we at at Mr. Juicy! I thought it was a small place, but my goodness it was very popular for sure! The food reminded me of Mr. Kraut's on Guam. Definitely worth the try! We also went to Ironside Antique Mall. I saw a lot of really interesting things and enjoyed seeing vintage again! But left the place not finding a good buy and that was okay. It was just nice to check it out though.
But two weeks went super fast Darn! It was time to head back to Guam. We truly appreciated Tev & Monica's hospitality and making memories with my grandson. He turned 8 months while I was there and learned to clap his hands and use his outside voice!! Our trip back to Guam was less straight through and more slower with time to relax and take a breather between flights, Whew! Below, I had Sara use my phone to take a photo of the mountains leaving Texas. Then, while in Denver, we enjoyed a cup of S'mores Frappe from Star Bucks! Yum, Haha! Definitely a memorable summer for sure!
Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls












No comments:
Post a Comment