Tuesday, July 21, 2026

My Doll on The Museum at FIT!!

     There was a call for all doll collectors if interested in contributing photos of the dolls they have in their collection. This was by The Museum at FIT and would be featured in the "Doll Dressing" section of the exhibit. The exhibit would explore the history of fashion dolls and their influence. If selected this would be showcased with others online from September 16, 2026 through January 3, 2027. So, I definitely wanted to be sure I added one of mine! The campaign page was here and I saw the call on Instagram first back in April!

Precursor, believe it or not, when I was a Senior in high school, one of my many dreams was to become a "Fashion Designer"! I was wanting to do this so badly that I drew for one of the ads in a Seventeen magazine that was for The Art Institute College, back in 1989. I got a letter and then a call from the New York Campus! They told me I could go to their San Francisco campus if I couldn't get to New York. I was so very excited that it might be possible to attend... Sadly, we just couldn't afford for me to fly to California let alone pay for dormitory and tuition to attend. Back then, I didn't realize that FAFSA or Pellgrants were a thing. Ugh! So my dreams were dashed... But instead I did attend other Universities and had other experiences, that made me who I am today! Though I may not be a Fashion Designer, I still love fashion and what I do and who I've become. 

Back to this opportunity, I am so thrilled that my lovely Adorn doll is featured here! Please be sure to check it out! Enjoy other collector's dolls and those that inspire many people to create and do what they do! Thank you again The Museum at FIT for the feature of those of us who collect, this definitely made my day! No! My year!! Perhaps I will go and check out the exhibit in person?! Haha!


Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls 

No comments:

Post a Comment