Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Kitsch Finds Arrive...



Happy mail came in six boxes today! Four from DHL and two from USPS! Yippee! Here are the online finds that came in! One from ebay, one from Instagram, three from an online Japan shop, and the rest from auctions I won through Yahoo Japan. Where do I begin...Haha!
I'll start with the Lot of 9 ceramic figurines, etc. from Yahoo Japan. I bidded on this lot, and honestly didn't think I would win it. At the end, well, you know... I did! Okay, first, this lovely cat planter, had brown fur hair, but it was all ratty, so I replaced it with blue fur. Now, he looks cool and funky like that. Lovely condition too. I will add this to my Etsy shop. This cute white with black dots kitty couple is in near lovely condition, with their pearl necklaces. The only flaw is the line crack on the side of the female cat. I've seen these cuties before and they are very similar to many of the Kogei Bito brand of figurines. You've seen them too, I'm talking about the fawns, the pups, etc. This couple will also be added to my shop.
Next, these lovely floral bunny couple figurines, I've sold this set before too. A few flaws, but still a lovely set. They will be added to my shop also. Below them, is a Panda couple. Sadly, they are missing their bench or tree, that they are usually displayed on. I'm assuming this set was on a bench. Still lovely, and they have their original chenille with pearl collars on too. You will see them listed in my shop as well.


The last two items from the Lot, are these swan planter couple set, and this Rune Naito Pink Haired Princess trinket box. She had an issue on her hands, I'm not sure what was missing? So, instead, I added a red flower to her hands, now she looks good as new. I'm still trying to decide if I will list her or not... She is so adorable now... ugh, decisions, decisions! The swans will be listed for sale on Etsy.


Through an online shop, I found these lovely handmade doll dresses. I just couldn't resist. One has a retro 60s vibe to it, and I think it would look lovely on Lilith. The other kind of reminds me of a Spring style fashion. It will look so cute with one of my NOS straw hats!! More on these fashions later. In other news, I've been searching up information on felt artist made dolls, that a fellow collector friend shared on Instagram. These are not like your typical Posedolls, but rather detailed felt face dolls. Similar to Lenci or Lars. But, these dolls are neither. Instead they are called, Mary Vasquez Artist dolls from Spain. They have quirky facial expressions, some a bit scary with teeth, some almost alien-like. Their hair is generally made with mohair fur. But, its their faces that capture your attention. This one, I used Buy it Now, through Ebay. Simply listed as a Lars felt baby doll. She has felt throughout her body with wires in them, but they are not bendable. Often their felt faces have holes from moths, I believe. She has squinting eyes, and she's quite content to sit on your dresser and play by herself. I will be adding her to my shop, maybe?
This lovely large posedoll girl below, I snatched up from MagpieEthel or Laurie on instagram. I enjoy watching your Fleamarket Finds videos, and this cutie was in one of them! I messaged her and she said I could adopt her!! Yay! Laurie has an amazing blog and Etsy shop too! Be sure to visit her! Okay, back to this amazing cutie. I've seen this style of Posedoll before, but whenever I try to bid, she is snatched up by other collectors, and rightfully so, she is a cutie! I've seen a red head, and a brunette too. While doing my searches, I found out she is made by Dakin, and her name is, "LucyMae". She comes in other hair colors, as I mentioned. A stockinette for sure, she is made in Japan. She also reminds me of a Bunka doll too. She has her hair in a curls at the sides, with a bow at the top. She often comes in shorts, and a blouse. Summer fun perhaps? Her arms are bendable, but not her legs. I'm a sucker for big eyes too!

Then, I found and won this lovely Lucite Red Dried Flower Brooch. Yup, when it rains it pours!! Haha. For 8 years, I have been searching for these illusive brooches, and now in less then 2 months, I have found 2 of them!! OMG, too funny. This one I won from Yahoo Japan. Missing its Japan sticker, it is still lovely. I also have to share, I was playing around this Lilith the yesterday, and made her into a mermaid! What do you think? She's Sirena now...


Finally, I also found and bought this lovely Miniature Baby Bunka doll. Which I found out later is called, "Herohero" dolls. They often were sold with wooden doll furniture you can play with the dolls. This one was sold loose, and is lovely condition too. My first Herohero dolls is here. Then, also from an online shop in Japan, I found this lovely TV Jukebox music box. Which is also a coin bank, and it has dancing ballerinas. Sadly, it was missing its coin bank plug, which I replaced, and I believe it is supposed to light up, as you play the music box. Not sure. But, I am sure I've seen this very TV in some Manga advertisements from Japan. I will keep for now.



Last, this lovely wind up Roly Poly doll. In lovely condition, also made in Japan. Has a wind up key at the side, and when you wind it up, she turns and you hear her rattle as she turns. She's rare, I don't recall seeing a wind up version. I will be adding her to my Etsy shop too!

Be sure to check my shop by Thursday or Friday for a lot of the items shown here to be listed!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment