Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Upcycled This Cutie!!

I know, when you see below, how this cutie looked before, you might say, Why?!!! I wanted to give her a make over, just because, I can. Tee hee!
Since getting her earlier this year, I decided to keep her because she reminded me of my really tall sweater pup. I must admit I missed that pup. So, this was a smaller version and I still loved her, but she didn't have the weaved hat, that my other gal did. I decided last weekend, I was going to take the plunge and see if I can make her a Fur Pup instead. She is much taller then most fur pups and her neck is much longer, she stands about 8 inches tall. No crack, crazing that I can see. There was a lot of glue residue, but I was able to remove most of it. Here is what she looked like underneath. The other major difference of sweater pups to fur pups, is that they have a tail, so the ceramic mold is made with a tail to show. Her round head where the hat brim is a bit wider around the rim to the part that meets the head, then the fur pup.
In the end, I decided on purple and bubble gum pink! She took pretty much all day to work on. And I love her huge Bouffant! That part was quite the challenge too. But, I was able to get it done. Whew!




Here she is side by side my original fur pup in pink and blue. Love her big eyes and how tall she is, with the fur, she grew an inch more, now standing at 9 inches!!

Have a great week!!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

PS Now, looking at my photo above with the original Fur Pup, I will fix her neckline where fur meets, and make it appear longer! LOL
DONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment