Thursday, October 21, 2021

So She Lured Us Away with Treasures and Treats...

 ...and games to play." - Ghost Children/Coraline.

It has been a somewhat busy month thus far. Many adorable treasures found...

Adorable Meyercord decal child's plate from an online market in Japan. It is in lovely condition and has already been sold. This decal I hope to find some day. Still we can enjoy it beauty on this plate! Many of my vintage treasures I found back in the summer have arrived this month. Ugh, I dislike sea mail, but it is worth it in order to be able to buy and get these treasures out to you, my dear customers!!
Than, a totally random thing happened!! I found a pink Rushton Daisy!! I was in shock. She arrived safely to me and fast too! I cleaned her up and noticed, several things different as compared to the purple Daisy... First, she is stuffed with foam. Second, no "Moo" sounder inside, sadly no tag, missing her bell, and she needed a good wash. I'm guessing foam stuffing was in the late 50s early 60s? Not sure. So she was light and easy to wash. I replaced her cow bell and am waiting for her "Moo" sounder to come in the mail. I did have to wash her twice, sadly, the years of dust on her coat has made her fur darker. Still, she is one of my faves. I've been wanting a pink or white Daisy. So, to have her is pretty awesome and then, I saw 2 others sold recently on Ebay. LOL When it rains, it pours!!


Both my purple and pink Daisies. I may sell my purple one, so be sure to check my Etsy shop often!! Next, another item I found via online Japan shop, a pink Rushton sleep eyed kitty!! This type is very rare, I've only seen other kitties like this twice. They are similar to Gund with their sleep eye feature. But, Rushton's design is a bit more whimsical and sweet, I think. A bit more so as compared to Gund. She still has her original tag and her sleep eyes are a bit wonky and can stick. But overall, she is adorable and has already been adopted. I truly enjoy learning new things about Rushton plushies, especially those we rarely see!

Another long awaited find from Japan, this adorable "Chibi-Neko" doll plush from the manga anime, Wata no Kunioshi or "The Star of Cottonland." by Yumiko Oshima. You can read some information here. She has been on my wishlist for some time. Most often, she is very costly, so to find her online for cheap, was like a dream, Yay me!! She just needed a wash and freshen up. I added a little flower to her. She will live with me for a time. So very happy to have found her too. I also ordered a few goodies from Eico Hanamura's shop in Japan. Mostly for Christmas gifts. LOL I ordered, a mug, a canvas print, a pillow, and clear folders. All with Eico's lovely manga shoujo anime art on them. Just too cute!


Next, this lovely High Fashion Lina doll clone or mannequin? She has the same body as Lina, but her hands and feet along with her facial expression are different. I've only seen one other from a fellow collector. So I am not sure what to make of this?! Because I have never seen them before ever in all my years of collecting Lina dolls. Perhaps, someone took the molds and created a new girl or perhaps, these were prototypes and are only surfacing now? Well, either way, it's truly stomped me! I will have to take side by side photos to show a more detail explanation. Maybe on my next post. More soon! Truly a mystery for now! I also searched and found these cute egg cups. A fellow collector had them in her profile pic on IG and I just had to find them. Surprisingly, I did!! The hats are not original to them. But, they make for cute posts!! Squee! Happy finds for sure!

A fabric book, that needs a good wash, but also has adorable graphics on it. These unique clown posedolls I found as a lot, have wires in their arms and legs. I thought they might be ornaments, but they aren't. Still adorable and great for props too! Love their clowny faces. Last, another Vanavana Japan long sleeve top, that would be cute even on a Rushton plush! Fits a size 4T in toddlers too! Has already been listed in my Etsy shop!! Be sure to visit!


Look at the back of the top!! A Rushton Chick! Just too cute!

Have a great rest of your week!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment