Thursday, November 18, 2021

"You Never Forget Kids..."

 "...Like Emily, or Andy, but they forget you." - Jessie, Toy Story.

Speaking of forgetting, it has been a busy month. I almost forgot I still have another surgery needed. But, because they have stopped any surgeries on island due to Covid. I guess, that is a good thing for now. 

I was playing with baby bun and decided to take a photo of her on one of the blankets I had made recently. A fellow collector shared with me a site, that I could design some cute things from somewhat similar to Society6. But, this one give me free rain to create and I can do it via their site! Yippee! So, I made this lovely baby blanket. I also made a Pouf Cube, which is like a foot stool. But, it took almost forever to get to me!! Ugh. The first blanket is this lovely vtg kitsch animals and blue plaid. This one turned out lovely. I will keep this one. When the foot stool showed up finally after a month, I used my Rushtons to create an ABC cube. You can see it further down the post. Then, about a week and a half ago, I made 2 more blankets. I have already added the ottoman to my shop on Etsy and I will add the yellow kitsch animals blanket soon!




The cube foot stool above, is large. Though in the description on the website, it is called, "a small cube". But, to me, it is not small. Still, I love how it turned out!! Below, some finds via Yahoo Japan. I received this lovely set of Kogei Bito ceramic pink Bunny couple figurines. I listed them in my shop this morning and they sold almost immediately! Yay! I also received the New Charmy Chan animals collection of miniature dolls from a Japan hobby shop site. I preordered them back in July. They are slightly larger then the set that was released last year. I already listed some in my shop. I also found another "Lucky Baby Bunting." Book. This time not by Saafield. The book is in English and is larger than my other set. I just love this book so much!! It's definitely a keeper for sure!


Above, this lovely Fable Toys plush Pajama doll bag was just too cute to not get. She is almost mint and I think her face is just the sweetest too! Ugh, now to decide to keep or sell... Haha! Next, I cleaned and restored another Rushton plush named, "Maisy" the small purple cow. I won her via an auction and she needed a bit of restoring. Now, she looks so cute along with my other Daisies. Both Daisy in purple and Maisy are on their way to their new Momma in Phoenix, AZ. I know they will be loved!! I was also able to adopt a fellow collector and friend's creation, Shevie Bear in aqua! I have been wanting Shevie's wear bear brooches for ages since learning she made them! So, this was my year, I was able to snag one!! He is truly too cute for words and small enough to take with you!! Yippee!



Then, I adopted three adorable handmade clown plushies from a fellow seller via IG. She uses vintage rubber faces and makes their bodies. Each one above is quite unique. I may sell one or two... LOL Next, this Ganz, rubber face plush raccoon. I have only seen KQ's plush just like this one. It is made in Canada and I love its coloring. I just added a bow to her. I also restored this adorable weird looking baby boy duckling by Gund. He came wearing a jumper with huge bells on the straps. I removed them and added some vintage blue buttons instead. Then, also got him a bonnet in blue with dots. He will live with me for a bit.


I also wanted to share that I didn't own any Lina dolls for a few years until this past year. LOL I found a loose Lina in my last post here. Then, found a prototype Lina? Not sure. A fellow collector shared his with me a few months back, but then in one of my usual searches I found one listed for sale. So odd, because I have never seen this type before even when I first started to collect Lina dolls. So, I honestly think either she is a prototype or a clone of sorts. As you can see above, their faces are quite different, even their hand gestures are different, and their feet. Body shape and stance are the same. Hopefully one day I will figure this one out. So far, only two have surfaced.


Last, two lovely Look and See Books by Wonder Book. I bought them as a lot. I have about 2 others in this series. They are similar to Froebel Kan books, in that they use vintage dolls and toys in their pages to tell a story. In this case, it is about, "My Dolls" and "My Toys". In the doll book, you will see many adorable Japan made and Italian made dolls from the 60s and 70s. In the toys book, there are Christmas ornaments, we often see made of felt from Japan!! That is what caught my attention and made me want to buy these books! A lovely addition to the series I do have.

I hope you all have a great rest of your week!

Thank you for stopping by! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment