Sunday, August 28, 2022

Vintage Baby Dress N More...

 I recently found this adorable vintage baby/child's dress and I just have to share it with you!!

I saw it up for sale and kept going back to the listing... I love the soft pastel pink and sheer fabric. It was titled, "Nanette brand angel sleeves baby dress". I'm assuming a type of pajama dress? But, the feel of the fabric etc. would be a bit uncomfortable as pajamas. So, I am assuming it was a fancy party dress or after a baptism perhaps. I fell in love with the lace collar and adorable pockets on the front. So, I decided to take it and use it as a display piece on my wall. Then, I had the idea of taking the adorable Molly wall plaque by my dear friend Heather of KewtKitsch and have her seem to wear this adorable dress on my wall!
The end result was precious to me! I also added one of my vtg Plakie rattles to the pocket and now, the dress is a display piece that I could adore. I've seen a few of my fellow collector friends like Shevie use vintage baby clothing as wall decor, so why not! Now, I can see why she displays them. They definitely brighten the decor in my bedroom and tie into my esthetic. Kudos to Shevie for the inspiration!! Now, if only I could find an adult version of this dress!! Haha!
I also won this adorable baby doll by Sekiguchi on Yahoo Japan. She was made in the 80s and was just too cute to pass up. I washed and cleaned her up and added some blush. She even has her original tag still. It says, "Hi-Hi" Baby doll. Similar to the last one I adopted, this one has closed eyes with vinyl head, arms, and legs. Her body is plush. I've already added her to my Etsy shop! She is available for adoption.


Then, I was commissioned to find a Gund Bee for a friend. I was surprised to spot him on Ebay with no takers. So I quickly bought him and he arrived to me safely. Upon inspection. He was pretty minty and just needed a brush and wiped down. He even still had his original forget me knot flowers!! Awesome! This guy is already on his way to his forever home!! Love finding goodies for fellow collectors. It warms my heart to know the finds make them happy! Yay!

Just a few more finds above and below, these handmade powder puffs, I got via Etsy for some of my containers. I just love the baby blue and peach satin bows! This adorable Shillman onesie, will be awesome for a bisque doll I have! Love onesies on plushies and baby dolls! Mint too and the card is just as adorable!

These vintage doll hats I got as a lot from a fellow shop owner on Etsy. He was sharing with me that he used to be stationed on Guam in the 90s! Aww, it is always nice to meet others who have fond memories of Guam and know of Guam! Sweet seller too! These vintage hats are perfect for restoration projects that I will have in the future. Did you notice? Two of the hats are perfect for "Stinky" Skunk plush by Rushton!

Last for today, is this adorable vintage Masako Watanabe pencil case. I bought it on Ebay with a lot. This case is truly gorgeous and trust me I had a hard time resisting keeping it. Lovely and rare these days, this adorable pencil case was from a seller in California. It has some writings inside, but still the cover and backside deter you from the fact that it is a perfect display piece nonetheless!

The artwork on the back side is also one of my faves by Masako. I have this pencil case listed in my Etsy shop! Definitely a worthy piece for any Masako W. collection. 

Well, that is all for now. I hope to share some vintage plush restorations next time. Have a great week ahead and happy hunting!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment