Saturday, August 20, 2022

Sunny Bear, Baby Dolls, and More!!

 I recently had the most amazing find to arrive the past week... A 1958 Sun Rubber "Sunny Bear" in brown! I have been on the hunt for a decent priced one for over 5 years now. I try not to collect too many rubber squeaks, only because of space and just a personal preference. But, I have always wanted a Sunny bear. I've had one other opportunity to get one mint in package from another collector, but at the time I didn't have the funds to acquire him. Ugh. So, while doing my ritual of searches, I finally was able to adopt one for a decent price! Yessss!

Above, Sunny, just needed a bit of cleaning up and touch on his face paint too. Sadly, the seller mentioned he didn't work. But, that was okay for me, as long as I had him. If you recall, I had a ceramic version here in this post. I traded it some time ago to another collector as well. But it just wasn't the same. I wanted a Sunny bear. Haha, well anyhow, this guy turned out lovely and I added a blue satin bow to him as well. I discovered that his mouth had a hole, so when I glued it closed, his squeaker ended up working after all. Yay! Now Sunny sits amongst my display by my bed. Greeting me every morning... Ahhh the joy!

I also won this lovely Rushton 'Fretty Freddy' plush in an estate auction online. He needed a lot of work! I washed him, cleaned his face up and touched it up. He was missing his vest, bow, and hat. I had to search for a few days to find a hat that suited him. I made the vest using vtg felt fabric and buttons I had in my stash. Then, used a red grosgrain ribbon for his tie. Now, he was ready for a new life! I had him in my Etsy shop for a week and just yesterday a buyer in China adopted him! Yay, go and be loved my dear Freddy!!

Since getting that mini Crosley record player, I found and bought a few more 3 inch records. Yup, found the Disney singles above and Charlie Brown Christmas sets too! They will be fun to use for Christmas posts this year! I also bought a lot of 2 plush bunnies, and one has a roly poly doll face!! The blue bunny girl is already listed in my shop. I will keep the roly poly face one for now.

Next, I decided to locate the rattle teether rings you see in this adorable Meyercord decal of a baby bear playing with one, and sure enough, I did!! It was sold in a lot with other rings. So, I made two sets, and one is added in my shop. I was so happy to see, this all come together! It was nice and I will keep this set for now. I also decided to sell my Cortendorf Red Head girl wall Plaque. She is listed in my Etsy shop as well. The small one I will keep.

These adorable "Curly" Baby doll fashions, I acquired as a lot from Yahoo Japan. I wasn't sure who they were meant for, but I have some idea. I mostly wanted the pink dress in the first pic for Alice. She fits it well too. I believe the latter 2 styles may fit the doll that follows after the fashions, Takara Cuddle Baby doll. Made in 1965, she is the Japanese version of the Vogue Baby dear doll also with sleep eyes. She is quite large too. Again, I don't often collect Baby dolls, but this baby is just too cute not to want to keep her! LOL  Going back to the fashions, I believe they were meant for a toddler size doll. I'm sure I will find out who that is someday.






Yup, like I said, I'm finding other cute baby dolls that I am smitten by... This one is by Sekiguchi Japan made in the 70s I believe or late 60s. She is an adorable baby doll I bought from another Etsy seller's shop. She took a month to arrive, but was so worth it. She was very dirty and needed a bath. So I washed her fashion and cleaned up the doll as best I could. You can even see in the photo below, I had to use Mr. Clean magic eraser to remove age old dust on her arms, face, and legs.


Here she is before and after. The photo above the arm one is when I found her a new dress to wear. Yay! There's something about her eyes, almost hypnotizing to me. I believe she can suck her thumb, just like her family to dolls, Moncchichis. She has a cloth body and rubber face, arms and legs. Her toes are in a cute pose too! Haha, yup I'm smitten. I also found this lovely Fancy Gund bunny, I cleaned her up. She is just too cute! Than, this adorable funny and weird plush mouse! Love his fabric eyes! Both are in my Etsy shop already.

Next, I was commissioned this past month to restore this lovely Happy Bear, who luckily, was rescued from a house fire!! He smelled of kerosene and so I decided to wash him twice. In the end after washing, his fur became so brittle and basically as I tried to sew his ripped areas, his fabric began to rip as I was sewing. Poor baby. So, the only plausible decision was to give him a new fur body. It took some time for the fur to arrive, but now he is ready to be loved again. He's already on his way back to his owner in Japan.

It has been a great month of finds. Have a wonderful weekend!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment