Saturday, October 15, 2022

Rare Rushton Finds!!

 The past month have been some of the most amazing finds since I've been collecting Rubber Face vintage plushies. I'm somewhat shocked honestly! But, definitely feeling blessed.

In my last two posts, I shared with you the adorable Clown by Rushton, which by the way thanks to Savannah of Oldsoulsvintage, I now know his name! It's "Bobo" the clown. So cute and fitting too! The Rushton poodle, Fifi, a sleepy bunny named, "Tipsy" who is now living in Germany with the sweet Sui there. Now, these I've added to my list of Rushton finds...

This amazing "Mother Goose" Rushton came to me nice and minty, with bright lime green fur. She still has her original tag, purse and bonnet. I was definitely surprised at how pristine she was. Though, I must admit, she was not an ISO. Now, she's grown on me. Haha! I also won this sweet Scarecrow Sam via auction and he was actually owned by the seller's grandmother and decided to sell him because they were moving. So, I was very pleased to adopt him and give him a home. I actually didn't do much of any restoring on either of them, because well they didn't really need it.


With the exception of Sam, just needing a few seam fixes and his hat to be sewn in place. His bowtie is not original, but it came with him so I will keep it on him. He's perfect for Halloween as well. Now, if I could just find my vintage ceramic pumpkin Jack. Ugh memory loss... LOL Just as with Mother goose, I didn't realize I would want Scarecrow Sam...


Above, I also was able to find both of these adorable large baby rattle dolls. I didn't realize how big they were until I got them in the mail!! Just adorable and precious. I will keep the pink and the blue one has already sold in my Etsy shop. Than, I also found these Disney Kokeshi dolls via Japan. They were in a lot which included Cinderalla with four mice, Lady and the Tramp, Dumbo with two crows, Three little pigs, and even what I thought was the mice from the 'Rescuers', but instead they were 'Bongo and Lulubelle'. I listed most of them earlier this past week and most were sold with the exception of Lady.



I found these adorable pastel colored mini pumpkin Halloween buckets. Just too cute! They were also in black and white. But I opted for these instead, and great for display too! I received my large plush diaper baby made by icecreambear10 shop from Mexico. Too cute and she giggles too! Just look at how big she is compared to my Rushton diaper baby!! Haha!


Another adorable child's pink suitcase with a Scottish Terrier pup on the front. I have a black one with a pink poodle as well and thought both are just kitschy cute to me. Lots of wear, but I just had to have it. If you noticed, the lining inside is similar to Margaret Holbrook painted cases. Silver painted stars inside. Perhaps these were common in child suitcases of the 1950s? It's very worn, but I love the coloring best!


Finally, I had some postcards made of my photos Diaper Baby taking a nap, and the adorable ceramic Bunny couple. I hope to make more. These are blank on the other side for you to send to family or friends! Already available in my Etsy shop! Well, that's all for now. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Happy treasure hunting!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment