Monday, October 3, 2022

Yay It's October!

 One of my favorite months of the year!! My goodness how time flies. Here's my vintage finds recently...

Found these adorable terrarium coin banks via Yahoo Japan, and won them. Made by Mitsui Bank from the late 60s I believe. They are plastic roses inside a clear dome and the bottle have an opening you twist to get the coins out. I've already listed the pink one and will keep the red rose bank.
Also from Japan this lovely vintage blue glass bear shaker! I've always wanted a glass bear and the cobalt blue on this one is stunning! I've had the idea of making some post cards to sell in my shop, and so these adorable couple bunny post cards are available, blank on the other side, they make great cards to send to family or give to your favorite Kitsch collector. I also made one with my Rushton Diaper baby bun! I hope to do more soon!! Listed in my Etsy shop!


This lovely Candy Candy necklace with pendant, I found via Japan. I've always loved anything from the Candy candy anime, but they can go for a lot these days. So it was nice to find this one at a cheap price. Part of my collection now. Next, this lovely ceramic girl sitting on a metal chair. Adorable Ado Mizumori style girl with synthetic hair. Just too cute and she has been added to my Etsy shop just in time for Christmas!!


@ggsdolls_vtg Watch me add fur to this cutie… #ggsdolls_vtg #ggsdolls #vintage #kitsch #upcycle #refurred #vintagefurry #pup ♬ Until I Found You - Stephen Sanchez

I found this lovely ceramic pup via Ebay and she was missing her fur. So I made a TikTok video on it. She turned out lovely and I am definitely tempted to keep her. But, she needs to be loved!! Already listed in my Etsy shop too! It was fun to come up with a different look for her. Now, she is pink and purple. I was going for a Melanie Martinez vibe for her!! LOL I also found out about these lovely vintage nursery character puzzles. I fell in love with them and decided, to get one or two!! LOL My fave of course Cinderella!


I able to restore this adorable 'Bobo' Valentines clown by Rushton. He just needed his shoes restored and I repainted the green stripe to be pink on his forehead. Now, he's ready for Valentine's next year. Love him and he goes well with my other clowns too! I also restored this adorable Rushton 'Fifi' poodle. She came to me missing her crown and pillow. So far, I was able to remake her crown, but it will take time for me to find her pillow bag she sits on top of. For now, I just added bows to her ears and she will stay with me for a bit.


This next item, I found while searching for some milk glass jars. It's an adorable Oneida plastic canister or bowl with lid for babies, and came with a silver spoon. A gift set. I love the artwork on it so very MCM and mod too! I decided to resell it and it sold fast in my Etsy shop too! I hope to try and find more again soon! A Masako W. make up or trinket box case from Japan, and in gorgeous condition for its age. I have already listed it in my shop! I also bidded and won this adorable mint in package puppy rattle in a lot. I will keep the puppy rattle and sell the fish and safety pin with other extra rattles I got.



This gorgeous huge doll is made by Sekiguchi Japan and she is called, "Silky". I won her via Yahoo Japan! I was so happy too. She is rare to find in a curly haired version. She has lovely eyes and her body is very similar to Printemps or Alice Tear dolls from the same company. But, she is a lot larger at 21 inches tall. Love her Victorian style look too! Next, below this precious and tiniest of all my Rushton plushies, baby that I adopted from the wonderful Sui. She offered her to me and at first, I was going to pass her up, but I am so glad I didn't. She is so cute and tiny at about 7 inches tall. I had to delicately wash her. Sadly, her stuffing was the orange sponge from the 50s. Ugh. Now, she has vintage cotton batting and needed a bit of seam repairs. I just love her to bits!!

Last find for now, this adorable Sheep lamb by Rushton sleeping. She is in perfect condition and still has her original tag and satin bow. I have already listed her in my Etsy shop. She is definitely from the 70s, as her fur is that cheaper type used around that time frame. Still gorgeous she makes a sweet gift for any lamb lover out there!!

Have a great start to your October!! Happy Findings!

Thank you for dropping in! ~ ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. Candy Candy sounds like a great series, but is very snarled up in rights issues due to the creators falling up with each other. Like many Shojo series in the 1970s is was also popular in Latin America & some European markets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering?! That's truly too bad too. Thanks for sharing that info. Hugs dear, Gigi

      Delete