Sunday, November 6, 2022

Keep Creating and Recent Finds...

 Oh my goodness, it is already November!! The past month leading up to now has been busy, and the good kind too!

I finally finished a commission project for a customer! Whew! She is a Rushton Daisy Belle cow that used to be white with brown spots, but her owner wanted her to be a white and strawberry pink spotted cow. So, back in mid October I began, working on her yarn hair, felt parts and the lovely strawberry spotted fur!! She turned out so lovely, that even Sara told me she wanted one! Haha! Aww, thank you my girl, that means a lot to me!


Above, just the last few touches of sewing her back up after restuffing her with her original cotton batting. They were perfectly good quality and I wanted to put something original to her besides her udders and face. I also remove the straw that was in her hooves and replaced it will cotton wool that will hold up better. I added a vintage cow bell and yellow satin bow along with a pink daisy with blue leaves. TaDa! She was done! No sounder inside her as per owner's request. I am very pleased with the way she turned out. Now, to work on 2 other bambies for her! Ha!

While waiting to begin on the next project, I received these cuties in the mail as well...

This wild red and black striped tiger made in Japan arrived. I have seen him in an Ayumi Uyama book! I didn't think I would want to get one, but in the end did! He's just adorable and mid century modern to me! I also found this lovely Whitman 1947 Baby's Own Story book with box unused and is fabulous condition. I love the graphics inside too! There's even a Family tree page! The box is just too cute and adorable. Mostly the reason I bought it!


From Japan auctions, I got this lovely anime girl make up case. In amazing condition too! Has a mirror and lock closure. I also found this lot of 2 vintage Iron on Bear and Elephant. They will be added to my collection of iron ons.




Next, these vintage Ribon Japan books and mangas above and below rattles. I already have a few of the books listed in my shop and the rattles as well. My fave is the yellow in the middle, and I kept her! She actually quite large too and just the cutest thing!!

I also received this lot of Gimmick miniature pencil cases. There are 5 sets. I love the girlie ones best! Each even comes with tiny pencils and erasers or even protractors! Too cool! A commissioned Gund Bee I found for a friend, and is already on it's way to her too! He arrived in amazing condition as well. No need to do any major cleaning to him either!


Than, this adorable large posedoll with box arrived too. Lovely red dress and boots, she is already listed in my Etsy shop. This huge version of the Ado Mizumori's mermaid figurines is actually a coin bank! I found her with her original box! So cool. I've only seen the smaller ones that are just figurines, so to find this one was dreamy. I listed her in my shop and she sold very quickly!

I don't often find a patchwork Elephant plushies, but this one was hard to resist. Just adorable and probably made closer to the 90s than 80s. Still had its store tag on it too! LOL The happy mail that arrived from Japan below, showcasing a few more of the items I found.

The bento tin with Miyako Maki art work I will keep. I did list the white ceramic poodles and they sold really fast as well! I'm glad to see these items go to good loving homes too! The brown fawn plush, was a surprise to find! In lovely condition as well and I just added the yellow satin bow. She is already on her way to her forever home in Japan!




Next, I found this adorable rag doll bear or is it a puppy? Not sure. He is already listed in my shop. The ceramic blue kitty, I will probably list as well. Still deciding... Haha!

I was truly blessed to find this adorable Princess doll by Rushton, with just some minor flaws. She has been washed and slightly restored, with just a touch up of her face and added a bow. She is a pajama bag. I have only seen her in pink so far, so to find her in blue, was a lovely surprise!!
Next, I also found this adorable Play Girl Bunny by Rushton, in practically perfect condition!! She just needed some blush and a bow! She is exactly as the catalog photo! I was surprised that no one adopted her. And she is huge! I mean as large as my Granny bunny also by Rushton. I will need to do a side by side comparison. Definitely 29" tall. Perhaps a store display? Love her to bits! She will be awesome come Easter!
Last for this post, adorable reproduced decals by Merrybee in Japan. I bought a few to use. They are just as awesome as the Meyercord versions, but a bit trickier to use. If you do not cut them as close as possible to the edge of the decal, than the edges can show on the item you place them on. Also, you have to work quickly and swiftly to get the decal on while trying to make sure it is not folding up on the sides. So definitely takes a quick hand to use them. Haha!
I tried them on some adorable buckets I found and painted from my local Daiso. Not too bad. They are cute! What do you think? More projects using these decals to come!

I hope you all have a pleasant November! Happy vintage treasure hunting!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment