Saturday, July 15, 2023

News on Bloop Update!!

 If you recall back on July 18, 2022 post here. I was commission to make a character from the TV show "Lost in Space"!! Sadly, the convention my customer Robert M. was supposed to attend fell through. So, after some time he has just been enjoying "Debbie's" presence amongst his collection. Until recently...

Robert messaged me and shared that he attended a collector's show and guess who he has photographed Debbie with?! Actor Butch Patrick/Eddie Munster!! Read his message to me below...

Robert: "Hello Gigi! I want to share this picture with you from a collector’s Show I attended today. Your Bloop is being held by Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster) from the 1960’s show, "The Munsters". He was remembered for having a little doll in the show he carried everywhere called, 'Woof Woof'. This sort of recreates that moment. Actual fact one episode of this show had the Munsters' grandfather think he used magic to accidentally change Eddie's friend into a chimp. The friend was played by Billy Mumy (Lost in Space) the chimp was played by 'Judy the chimp' actor who played 'the Bloop'. So it made perfect sense to set this photo up today. That’s me with the Frankenstein shirt, my brother is on the other side of Butch. You made this moment happen and I wanted you to know how much I still appreciate what you brought to the world. Happy Fourth! Best to you and family" 

He went on to add, "The moment I put Bloop on Butch’s autograph table, he told about that episode and it being the same chimp in both shows. As we set up for a picture I told him I had intended it for a "Lost in Space" actor to pose for this and he said “ Well, I guess the Munsters’ have to step in!" That gave us a nice laugh as his wife took the picture."

I'm so very happy to hear that Bloop made an impression on Butch and I hope that Robert in the future is able to get her photographed with one of the Lost in Space actors. It was a true pleasure to work with Robert and to know that Bloop has and will touch other peoples lives!

Thank you again to Robert M. for keeping in touch and sharing his adventures with Debbie!! It means a lot to me dear friend!!

Until next time guys!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment