Friday, August 22, 2014

Vintage Terrarium Stool Miniature!


 I have this amazing vintage inflatable terrarium stool, and I wanted to see if I could make a similar stool, but in miniature scale!? So, I took all the things I could think to possibly use to create it and here's what happened...

First, I remembered I had this base from a miniature furniture Lot and figured it would make perfect legs for the stool... I just repainted it gold.
Second, I remembered I had these clear containers that used to hold tiny beads! Perfect as a see thru stool!

I then, took some plastic bouquet flowers from a vintage barbie fashion set, a tiny mushroom miniature and plastic leaves and glued them together below... along with a khaki green carpet as the turf!
 The end product below, I decided not to cover the top with any fabric or foam cut out, and used the container cover instead. Mostly because I need to figure out what material if any I could use...? 'Work still in progress!' LOL
 I cut out and placed black foam between the gold tone leg base, and the acrylic container. The legs reminded me of vintage tapered legs you can find to give any old stool a Mid Century Modern look!
















Then, I also received this amazing 1:16 scale Modern chair from an etsy shop called, "Multi For Miniatures" here! I bought it for its nice price, and for the cute retro styling!
Gorgeous handmade chair. I can't wait to use it in my smaller rooms! Below, a quick set up to showcase the chair and the stool!


Thanks for reading! - ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. That's very clever, and it looks fabulous! Thanks for the link to the furniture too, they sell great things over there! I like the room divider too, did you make that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear N.Owl,

      Thank you so much as always! Oh, the room divider was made by another etsy seller! I am surprised I didn't post on it yet?! I will try soon! hugs, gg

      Delete