Sunday, March 4, 2018

Nagoya Castle for The Day...

Taby and I decided we'd try to go to Nagoya for a day and this time bring Manny, my nephew. We checked the flights and all looked well too.

So, on Friday, we picked him up from my brother and had him spend the night, so he wouldn't have to stress his parents having to leave the house early. We left early Saturday morning to find parking and picked up breakfast before getting to the airport. Once there, we got our boarding passes and went through TSA. Once through, we headed to our gate after resting where there was wifi. Our flight left about 7am, we all got First Class seats, yay! It was Manny's first time flying to Japan and even better, on First Class! Awesome!
 We landed 3 hours later into Nagoya, Japan. When we arrived, I was picked up via wheel chair and we were whisked away to customs. I had filled out the forms. But, unfortunately, was given a very stern look, and some words from the first customs clerk, because I had not specify where we were going and a telephone number. He must have been in a bad mood, because, I was told to complete the forms properly. I did, but after that, I changed it to "Aeon Mall".  I was trying to make him understand we were there only for the day, and was not staying the night. Oh well. It was definitely not a good experience, and probably one of the reasons we hadn't gone to Nagoya for over 10 years.

But, it was all better when a different customs clerk checked us, he simply stamped our passports and we were on our merry way. Yay! We got out, and I was dropped by the money exchange. We did that and now, onto enjoy Nagoya. The train counter person was so sweet, he gave us tickets that equaled to a one person price on "Reserved Seats" on the same train. Nice! We sat in car 4, and it was open, with very few people sitting.
 Here Taby and Manny are, enjoying a leisurely trip to the next station. After we caught a subway we made into Shiyakusho, where the city hall was. Because, close by was an entrance to Nagoya Castle. We rested our tootsies a bit by the exit where a water fountain was.
 We entered Nagoya Castle grounds, Manny was free, and we paid 1,000yen for Taby and I. I was also able to get wheelchair there, nice. On the way to the castle, Taby spotted some Cherry blossom trees, from a path she saw people walking too.
 The blossoms had just started budding on a few of the trees along this path. I saw many taking closeup shots, shots with their cute toys or trinkets. It was nice to see that, normal and no one making a big fuss about it. So, love Japan for that!


 Sorry, no shots inside the castle. I parked my wheelchair by the huge gold fish, and watched other people taking photos with it. Taby took Manny around, and I told them to make sure to go to the observation deck! He loved it too, most especially the Samurai swords! We left the castle to find a place to eat at. Outside of the entrance way, we walked by a restaurant titled, "Orympia". They had menu's with pictures to choose from. Not too crowded either. After we ordered and waited for our meals, I sat and watched, as mostly Fathers. As they came in with their children to eat a late lunch or get a snack. It was quite interesting to just people watch. "Where were the Moms?", I thought. Working Moms and Dads now at home, caring for the kids. Wow, such a change in the times...
The atmosphere was very nice, and had a cafeteria style setting. I got a pork saopao for us to try as we waited for our meals. Taby ordered a spicy shrimp noodle bowl. Manny got himself a pork cutlet bowl and I got a chicken cutlet meal.
 Taby was saying, she noticed our meals look just like the Japanese ones she's seen before, in other peoples photos. I agreed. It was all delicious too! Yum!
 Afterwards, we headed back to where we exited the subway. Sat and took some more photos with the water fountain there...
 Manny, relaxing... and Taby wanted a pose by the water fountain.
 We left the same way we came, and was back at Nagoya International Airport by 3pm. We had gotten some bread from the subway to snack on, at Vie de France Bakery. But, now to find a place to eat and relax our feet.
 I was sitting across from this shop here, while Taby took Manny around. She had to buy tennis shoes by that time, because her heeled boots were making her feet numb. Ouch! But, they were cute tennis shoes too! She was very happy with that purchase!
 Across from where I was sitting. A "Pokemon' Store", and a "Hello Kitty Store"!! I made sure Manny got some gifts for his little sister and family.
 There was a few Gatcha machines, not many though, like in Narita, darn. I got a Sanrio sleeping Cinnonmon Roll toy from this shop. Then, a Gudetama Sweets keychain for Sara there too. I'll show you later in this post!
 Notice the tennis shoes? Then, we sat in the food court and there was a band playing Pop music. Cool. We got water, and ate our Vie de France treats. I got a croissant with chocolate, almonds, and Taby got a cream cheese danish, Manny got a fruit croissant, and we got a melon cream bun for all of us to try...
 I know it looks like matcha, but it wasn't. It was simply a melon bun with melon cream inside. Taby said, it tasted like the Japanese Marukawa melon gum. LOL
 After waiting for the United counter to open, we bought a lot of treats for family. The two enjoyed shopping. We made it on First Class on the way back to Guam. Yippee, this time it was a really open flight. Manny was with me, but then moved over to sit with Taby. So, I had some alone room. Awe, nice. Me time! hehe.
 We got home about almost 2am. Just showered and went straight to bed... It was definitely a nice experience with a few exceptions. But, I will definitely go back to Nagoya again! Below, what I picked up, from the trip...
The two gatchas, I mentioned earlier, one gatcha Taby got for me from a Licca chan machine. Royce chocolates, and my Nagoya Castle ticket.
 This was a special edition, Sakuraberry Chocolate. I got two, one to give to family. I can't wait to try them.

 This gatcha from the Hello Kitty store, is a Gudetama sweets keychain. I was hoping for the Melon soda dessert. Oh well.
The cute Pompompurin sleeping gatcha. Awe...
 This is the Licca chan gatcha Taby got for me, released in February, called, "Licca Chan Nice Room". Featuring several rooms in cute compacts, similar to Polly pockets. Cute!
 I got the "Bedroom". Inside stickers to put on a Licca Chan doll stand. The compact even has a stand to put at the back to keep the compact from falling over.
 Taby even got herself one! Love this, and it was really sweet of Taby to find it for me!
Taby took a shot of it for me to see!  Haha, thanks my girl for thinking of me.
 Last, I got this Friday, a vintage KK ceramic coin bank with original box. I had an opportunity to get the very same cat, but waited the next day to buy it and someone else had snapped it up. LOL Oh well.
 This time I found it via Yahoo Japan and won it! It arrived to me safely. I was able to take these quick pics before our trip, just didn't have time to share it.

 Hello there little one, nice and minty mint ceramic cat coin bank with stopper. He's just gorgeous! Even his coloring. No, marks crazing or fading in color.

 I'm deciding if I really want to keep him. Just don't have the room. May be listed in my shop? I'll announce it on IG.
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Monday is a holiday for us here on Guam, "Chamorro Heritage Day".

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment