Friday, November 30, 2018

Kitsch Plushies!

I recently received a few cute plushies from Etsy and Ebay. Here's what they are...
I found this lovely vintage pink carnival bear with googly eyes through Etsy. They are kind of quirky, but I love their 1950s design. Yup, 1950s! This bear is in beautiful condition too. Odd that the pellets inside didn't disintegrate?! He arrived safely to me after a bit of a wait. Original ribbon too!


 Then, I won this guy on ebay. A Rushton Star creation Red yawning bear. He was filthy and had a gaping hole on his leg. The seller said that the pellets inside his body had disintegrated, and falling out of the hole. When he arrived, he was inside an envelope! What?! Yup, a padded envelope. He had been flattened. So I removed him and started the process of restoring him.

 Yup, that like red dirt!! Inside his body... I took my time, removing the red dirt and stuffing out of his body through the hole that was already there on his leg. After that painstaking process. I immediately took him to the washer and had him washed. Then, I tumble dried him for about 3 minutes only. I decided to lay him flat to dry. I started to sew the areas that were with small holes. Sadly, his side by the original tag, started to just rip apart. I covered the velvet material with felt instead and sewed him up. Then, after a few hours, I decided to start stuffing him again.
 After, I started to sew him up and slowly added more stuffing to him. In the end, he turned out lovely too. His velvet fabric is quite delicate still. I also added some blush and repainted his mouth and tongue. Here are some before and after shots too.



 I also adopting this vintage 1950s baby rattle in pink. I've always liked these cute celluloid rattles from the 1940s or 50s. Just adorable and at the same time I'm donating to a good cause for foster animals. Visit KitschandKawaii for more info and help the cause!



 Last, these cute retro Christmas decor at the Guam Kmart. Sadly, I didn't get anything, only because there was too much glitter on pretty much everything, with exception of the furry animal ornaments, and fabric deer. Yuck! I like bling, but covered in glitter, never mind!

Hope you have your Christmas decor up?! I need to work on mine. LOL  Have a great weekend all!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment