Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Restoring Some Cuties...

The pass few days, I've been working on restoration projects of some items I got in the mail. It's been very therapeutic actually. Definitely meditative at some points, and a joy to see something that was damaged or needing TLC, get a fresh look or hopefully an upgrade or just plain put back together!

Here's what I worked on...
I did get a full refund from the Ebay seller and she even let me keep the wall plaque. So, I decided to work on them. I started on the boy first. Sadly, so many teeny tiny pieces, I ended up just gluing what I was able to piece together... At first, I was going to just keep the girl separate from the wall plaque altogether, but in the end, she looks way better on the plaque then on my wall alone.


 Next item I worked on, I won via Yahoo Japan, a vintage cat vase by K and K originals, Japan. She has lost paint on certain areas of her face. So, I had to really think about what to do to get her decent again. Luckily, I had some colors to create the same or similar color to her original face paint. I worked on her most of last night. She did turn out a lot better than I expected. Yay! She is my favorite, and only vase now.


 Her and the similar cat cup, I own. Definitely from the same maker, K and K originals, Japan. Today in the mail, I also got this cute puppy dog brooch or pin. I found two actually, one on Ebay and one through Etsy. I'm still waiting for the one from Etsy. This one arrived superfast too. Does he remind you of anything? It makes music when you pull its string, and baby cribs around the world in the 70s or even late 60s had them... Guess'd who? Yup, Sankyo Musical animals, this is similar to the dog one I have! I just couldn't resist and it was cheap too. Made in Hong Kong, it is a great addition to my Sankyo collection.


 Just also a quick share, of my cute plush collection, now, that I have the yawning bunny, all of these cuties are ready for a nap! Also, all my furries in a row, yellow, pink, and red. I also took the blue out just to show the size scale. Now, if I could find a small blue one?
 Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment