Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Valentine's Etc....

It's been busy on and off since Valentine's Day. Here's just a few things I've been working on, and I'm currently awaiting a shipment from Japan again for the shop!

 I bought two prints "Dance Time" and "Play Time" via Etsy by August Albo, Helene Pessl New York, 1957. They are vintage Litho prints without their frames. I picked up these light off white frames from the Goody Store and spray painted them pink and blue. They would've have fit the litho perfectly with the exception of the sides being narrow. Sadly, the frames metric size is off of the US standard. Oh well, still they turned out nicely and I can admire them along with my collection. Play Time is the one I discovered first, seeing it from another collector's photo. I love that it's of a cute little girl playing with her dolly and her dog beside her. Then, I discovered, there are other prints in the same series, like Dance Time. Lovely Ballerina and the colors too in pink and blue hues, great to place in a Nursery or Dolly room! The others are called, "Party Time" and "Bath Time", there are four in this series.
 Yes, a lot of pastels. LOL I also started slowing, selling off some rare cuties here and there. I've decided not to announce it and instead, if you have updates to my Etsy shop you will see it. For Valentine's Day, Sam got me a box of chocolates and a lovely card. I shared about it, through Instagram. We decided to have our Valentine's dinner a day early because we both knew uptown on the actual day would be crazy. So, I was glad we celebrated early too! I hope you all had a great one as well?
 Red fun with my red girl from Japan and the heart lights. I had forgotten that it was President's Day on Monday, and the US Post was closed. So, on Tuesday, I was able to get all of my customers boxes in the mail. It was a great weekend for sales too. Thank you all so much for your lovely support. My family and I truly do appreciate it. As mentioned earlier, I hope to have some vintage Japan items in the mail next week. I also awaiting a few vintage plushies to add to my collection and to my shop soon too!
Have a beautiful week y'all!!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment