Wednesday, February 6, 2019

More Hang Arounds Discovered!!

While doing my usual browsing through IG, I came across a fellow collectors post, about some cute rubber figures she had and wondered if anyone knew where they came from... Low and behold, they were two soft vinyl creatures, one bee and the other was a butterfly. I knew immediately after seeing their eyes, that they were from the Hang Around mobiles, similar to my Angels here!! You see back in February 2018, I was able to snatch up the cute Angels from Kitschandkawaii on Etsy. This time, I was able to help lotuslinaa, get some info. on these cuties since I had some. After messaging her via IG. Lindsay is so sweet, she even offered them to me. I was like what?! OMG, Yessss please!! Haha.

She even gave me a little background story of how she came to have them. She shared that her father often finds vintage toys, etc. at the local Goodwill, and thrift shops. He found the butterflies together, and then the bee at a different shop. He hopes, that after retiring he could open up a shop to sell the vintage treasures he discovers. I truly enjoyed reading their story. Collectors stories are fascinating to me, and I hope he does open up a shop! I will definitely be looking out for it. Lindsay and her Dad are truly kind and allowed me to adopt them all! Thank you dears!!

 They arrived to me safely, though the box they came in was crushed. Ugh. But, here they are!! Yippee! Above, are the before photos, they just needed a wipe down, but otherwise, so cute and adorable. I love their eyes most! They were all missing their wings and their hanging knobs. I will have to find the replacement knobs a bit later. But, I was able to fix their wings. I have a lot of leftovers from my Angels, and in different colors too. So, I put some blue wings on the butterflies and a pair of yellow wings on the bee. According to the MIB photo at the top, there are supposed to be four cuties, two of each. Sadly we are just missing one bee, if my calculations are correct.


 I know the wings seem a bit small, but if I put the larger wings, they might be too big on them. Still they are just adorable and I'm glad that they will be a part of my collection. Around the same time, I was also was able to snagged three mini posedolls, that KitschandKawaii had in her shop!! They too arrived to me today, and here they are... Christine, even gave me stickers, thank you dear friend!!



 You can't tell from the photos but these tiny dolls are about 3 inches tall. So teeny tiny and delicate too. I don't recall if I've ever seen em' this small, except for maybe chenille dolls. Just lovely and they were worth it too! I will have to add them to a display or something... More on them later.

I'm currently awaiting a large shipment of goodies from Japan to add to my shop soon.
So, stay tuned!!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. hi dear Gigi ! I saw them a few days ago, went to check if it was the same person for you toget some other bee, but it was Lindsay https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1215983528568503&set=g.553220084846437&type=1&theater&ifg=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear, Okay, thank you! Sorry, I was not getting my comments?! Many hugs, Gigi

      Delete