Thursday, March 14, 2019

New Old Girls on Island!!

A few weeks ago, I was doing my usual browsing searches through Etsy... When I came across a lovely pink radio. But, it wasn't just the radio that caught my eye. Instead, it was what was on top of the radio. I asked the shop owner about her cute ceramic girls that sat on top of this lovely pink radio. She messaged me a bit later, saying it was cute ceramic girls she had in her collection, but didn't know to much about them. She messaged me later saying, she had an extra girl, in which she allowed me to adopt. She arrived safely to me and she is just adorable. She is a vintage ceramic sitting girl. She has spaghetti hair, meaning, hair that is made in the styling as collectors call it, "Spaghetti", in which the ceramic is made to look like textured hair. Often used in ceramic poodles. I believe she is made in the 1940s or 50s. She sits about 4 inches. Her hat looks like an elf's hat, but I don't believe she is. Her underside has the markings, "Japan" and "19".


 She's perfect to sit atop a radio or anything flat with an edge. The seller Victoria, owner of GlammasVintageShop on Etsy was so kind she even added a little gift for me!! Which I love by the way! Look at this cutie, a pink fawn key chain!! Ha. How did she know I love fawns?! I also adopted this cute Sebino doll from Italy on Ebay. She arrived from the States. Similar to the Pinocchio dolls by the same company, I'm not sure the name of this gal. I will have to do a bit of research, but she is similar to the female version of Pinocchio. Interesting construction too, she has vinyl head and body, but the difference is that she is held together by string, similar to dolls like BJDs, using elastic. You can make her sit and stand, but her knees don't bend. I will need to wash her a bit and fix her top since the snap is rusted through. More on this gal later...



 The next day, the other two ceramic girls arrived, I ended up trading. Yup, Victoria wanted to trade and I got her girls, the ones I first saw on her vintage radio! Yippee!! I love them all so much and they are just adorable. Victoria even added a few more gifts, not shown, a unicorn pencil pouch, and a cute enamel bird pin. Thank you dear!! The blue girl wears a different kind of hat, instead of an elf type hat, her hat is like a bonnet, her dress is the same as the pink girl, and similar markings of "Japan" at the back and the number "11". The other pink girl is similar to the first pink one, same stamp and number. I've searched and nothing comes up, not even something similar. If anyone has any info. I'd appreciate it. I was thinking Napco or Enesco, but have been told maybe Ucagco? Hmmm.


Just loving these cuties. I have one on my end table and the other two gals on my dresser...

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment