Thursday, January 9, 2020

Finds and Making Something Unique!!

I recently received a few vintage goodies the past week or so...
 This cutie finally arrived to me from Australia after a little over a month. Thanks to a dear sweet fellow collector who helped me to received her!! Josephine you rock my dear!! I have been wanting a pink Netta bear lamp to go with my blue bear lamp. Now, my Netta lamps are complete! I've introduced you to my first Netta lamp here in this post. They look a lot like, Edward Mobley bears too, but without the scary sleep eyes. Sorry, some sleep eyed dolls and toys do creep me out, and I can't deal. Haha! This lamp works too, but definitely needed a wipe down.

 Next, I found this lovely vintage Rosarium type lamp base via Etsy, and then found the lamp shade from Ebay. They match nicely, don't they! Lovely Rosarium type lamp is in good working order. Though the rose inside the globe is slowly falling apart. Well, the leaves are pretty much completely off the rose, and flopping around inside. Still it is quite unique and lovely too! I am still deciding whether to keep or sell... Decisions, decisions...

 A quick pic of my two yawning babies. I am having a hard time letting go of the striped bear at the moment... Haha. I found a dark blue satin ribbon and now he has a bow. The Yawnies, Winken, Blinken, and Nod... A vintage ad for the sleepy cuties you see above. No, striped Bear, but at least I know the yellow kitty's name, "Winken". I'm thinking the red bear on the left, is also this striped bear, making his name, "Blinken".  I also put up my little ballerina wall pockets! What do you think? Yes, I know they are not facing each other, but sadly, the larger one needs a more secure wall mount, and the other is on one of those stick on wall mounts.

 
Last, I found these heart shaped, pressed wood crafting wall plaques, at the local Daiso. I bought three and started to make something with em'! Here's my first attempt, a lovely vintage rubber face doggy heart plaque in satin blue, white and pink hues. It was really fun to do, and meant me finding all my appliques, ribbons, etc. that I could put on it. No real theme, besides it being a heart for Valentine's, but one of the inspirations was vintage Valentine Chocolate boxes. It was fun, now to work on the other two!

 Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment