Friday, January 17, 2020

VTG Finds This Week...

Here's this week's finds...

 I decided to bid on a set of Lefton Ballerina figurines in Yellow and Blue. The seller had them up since last year, so, I made an offer. Now, my pink ballerina is not lonely. They are lovely and a great addition to my small collection of ceramics. Next, I recently found a box of Japan finger puppets via Ebay. I got an earlier set here in this post. But, this one has the original box they came in. They arrived and most of them were in great condition, two were needing a bit of help. Let's look at the box first... Vintage box has cute Japanese doll and toy printed on it, very similar to many of their gift boxes with toys sold around the same time. Made with corduroy, felt and other usual materials for this time frame, there is a bear, cow, clown, cat and pig.

 I first, decided to fix the cow who is missing his iris in one eye and the full eye on the other side. The cute black cat had part of his eye missing, and I just added the felt part that was missing, and now he looks cute again. I took out my first set of finger puppets and just noticed that I had pairs!! Each of them are in different colored fabric and the recent ones have an "X" on their collars. They are made with high quality fabric. A few can look a bit scary, but most are just adorable to me! Haha! Not for sale.



 Last, I purchased this sexy Rune or Ado Lady coin bank from a fellow Etsy seller. Sadly, her paint was all faded, unlike the first one I found back in 2016, here. So, I worked on her today and repainted her, using acrylics. Then, sealing her with Mr. Clear gloss. She comes with her original box, pamphlet, stopper and towel. How cool is that?! I was also able to translate the pamphlet, well sort of. Here's what I think it says, "Daddy, are you putting money inside? There is a towel to cover the secret hiding spot and keep it near you. Hopefully, Mom will not be mad." On the towel, it says, "Incentive Charge", Underneath the towel!" LOL too funny!!


 I will be adding her to my Etsy shop soon! So be looking out for her. I am awaiting a few more goodies in the mail... coming soon!!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment