Tuesday, February 11, 2020

A Quick Trip to Narita!!

Since my sister is here for vacation, we decided I'd take her to Narita, Japan for 2 days!! We left early morning on Monday, Feb. 10th. It was a short 3 hour flight and when we arrived, we made sure to stop at the money exchange and head to our hotel to drop our bags. It was a chilly 3 degrees outside. Her very first time in Japan, and I wanted to make it memorable.
After we dropped our bags, we waited for the shuttle bus to the Aeon Mall. We bought a few snacks at the hotel shop. Flan pudding and I tried a Strawberry Coke. Both delicious, just not together! LOL

 At Aeon Mall they had wheelchairs we could use. Awesome, they didn't last time! We shopped til' we dropped and stopped to eat too! Lots to see and do there!
 She had fun looking at all the shops and we even stopped in at the Daiso, and Supermarket for food. We decided to catch the shuttle bus back to our hotel and it wasn't coming until 7:50pm. We sat outside, even though it was cold and people watched. Lots of tours came thru, and high school students also!

 The next day, we took a taxi to the Naritasan Temple. I wanted my sister to visit there and walk through the old streets there. It was a crisp early morning, about 5 degrees outside. Eeek! But the sun was shining and there were no crowds. I guess with everyone scared of the Coronavirus, that was why there were no crowds. Narita is such a beautiful little town. There were even some cherry blossoms peeking out, some budding! The white ones were blooming, but the pink ones not so much. I still took some photos.

 There were even some dried fruit stalls at the lower level and Lita bought some dried strawberries, Yum! Afterwards, we took a taxi back to Aeon Mall. It was our last day and Lita wanted to do a bit more shopping...

 At the Mall, some activities were going on for kids. Then after lunch, we decided to get Baskin n Robins crepes. Yum!


We got more treats for family and friends. Then took the earlier shuttle bus back to our hotel. Rested that afternoon and ate at the hotel restaurant. I even had my sister try the melon soda with ice cream treat. There were many good things to eat at the buffet! By that night, we just relaxed and planned our day back to the airport and spending it at the shops there. Lita enjoyed the shops and relaxing. By the time we were ready to get to the gate, it was really quick through TSA and hardly anyone in the terminal.

 I finally had a chance to sit and see what goodies I got from the Gatcha machines on the 5th floor. My favorite are the Moomin tin suitcases. I'm so glad, I got 2!!
It was a great little trip to Narita for my sister!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading you guys adventure. It really looks Beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nichol, thank you sis! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. Much love, Sis Gigi

      Delete