Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Sea mail Arrives...

 Finally, my two boxes from Japan have arrived. They had left Kawasaki, Japan on August 28. 2020, and arrived in today's mail November 3, 2020. That's about 10 weeks and 4 days later. I know Sea Mail is suppose to take long as it travels by boat. But, generally speaking, that's about a month. Even USPS's Parcel Select takes that amount of time. But, over 2 months? And Japan is not as far away as Hawaii is to Guam!! LOL Oh my goodnesss... After I went early to vote today, I went up to check the mail and sure enough the boxes were there. Well, I guess I better get used to this new norm... double ugh!

 So, here is what made it to me...

 I found this lovely vintage frosted fur kit unopened via Japan. The kit includes all that you need to make the lovely shaggy dog in red. It even comes with the chain collar and brush. Just look at the accessories, and I love the example on the front cover. How cool is that?!! Next, I won this lovely rubber doll lady in red dress sitting from Yahoo Japan. She needed a bit of a touch up and I will be adding her to my shop soon. So be checking my Etsy shop often, as many of these items will be up for grabs!!

I was able to get my friend to buy this vintage Columbia toy plush pink and white lamb. I've seen her via Ebay before and she is so adorable and small. In lovely condition, I didn't need to wash her. She is lovely as is. I may keep her. It is getting harder and harder to get plushies with rubber faces for cheap any more... Sadly, it's just getting ridiculous... 

These ceramic coin bank pig and monkey heads will be added to my Etsy shop too! I thought they were quite unique and adorable too. I also found this lovely ceramic deer, that is also a coin bank from the same online shop as the pig and monkey. I thought it was a fawn, but it's a stag with his hooves growing in. I added a blue satin bow to him. Love his eyes and he is also quite unique from the usual sought after deer.



Next, I also found this lovely Pearl doll Mermaid. I had actually tried bidding on one last year and lost the bidding frenzy on Yahoo Japan. To my surprise, while doing my usual searches, I found one from a shop and got my friend to buy her for me. She arrived safely, and I love the little details on her. She is actually a Princess Mermaid with her tiara and gold netting veil. She holds a pearl and I love the way they made her tail. She sits atop a sea shell and is great for display. I will be adding her to my Etsy shop soon as well.

 

 

 

Then, I adopted this cutie from Australia! Sadly, he took a month to get to me also. I had ordered him and he was sent to me. But after two weeks, the seller had messaged me that he was returned and that Guam had refused to accept it. So, I had to buy him again and sent him to my son in the States. I'm so confused as to why Guam didn't accept the box? Another thing I guess, I need to get used too? Guam not accepting mail from Australia? Weird... Cause, I got 2 items last month from Australia and they made it to me with no issues... Oh well. He arrived in lovely condition with very minor issues. I did add the pink fur hair, since his original hair was missing. He's so cute beside his copycat rubber version! I can't keep both, decisions, decisions... Haha!

Early last week, I won this sad cutie via Ebay. She was marked by the previous owner in blue permanent ink. I tried to take it off with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, nope. I know I will have to use Oxy 10 instead and it will take a few weeks to get it off. So, because I was in a rush and didn't want to wait. I decided to paint over the markings, and here she is... I may keep her! I also received another Perfekta platinum doll I bought via Ebay. My last one, I keep telling myself. Haha! I will keep them for now or I may let go the others and just keep one or two...



Over the weekend, I received this sad vintage Gund or Knickerbocker orange sad bear. The seller on Ebay stated it was musty smelling, so I washed him. He was actually in great condition. No tag, but he does have the markings on his neck, "60s Gund" Not sure? The threads are blocking the letters. But, who can resist this sad baby and in orange too! A commission below, I'm just glad they are on their way to their new Mommy! They are little squeaks boy dolls made by Sanrio late 70s, I believe. Next, I receive my purchases from Comickitsch on IG. I bought two of her adorable art works in their colored frames, and she even added a few goodies for me. I love them all, thank you sis!!



Then, I found this lovely Rune type soft vinyl rubber Mermaid doll with pink hair. She is in lovely condition for her age and will be added to my Etsy shop as well. I believe she is made by Sekiguchi or Iwai? Not for sure. Last, I finally figured out what to do with my bottle doll from Japan. I decided to make her into a doll with a body. I bought arms and this lovely 1950s Barbie made dress. I then, found her some plastic legs. Sacrificing a Kogei Musical doll. Tee hee! Now, to wait for a few more additions to her. More on her later...

 Be safe and well!!

Thank you for stopping by! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment