Tuesday, January 5, 2021

VTG GE Little Miss Kitchen Cabinet Find!!

 I recently found this lovely vintage 1950s General Electric replica pink tin Little Miss Structo kitchen cabinet up for grabs. Shipping was free to USA, so I bought it. I was imagining it to arrive a month later... 

But, in fact, it arrived only a week later!! I had to meet my postal person, because the box wouldn't fit. I thought the cabinet would be more like 2 feet tall or something, but it wasn't. Instead, it was merely 12 inches tall. Whew, I was glad it wasn't the larger or I would not be able to keep it. Haha! 

From what I could find online, GE, basically created a miniature replica version of their 1950s style kitchen set up, into a set for little girls to play with. There are a total of 9 pieces in the set. All in pink with gray countertops, and those lovely reeded glass sliding doors, on those with cabinets. You can see an example here on Pinterest. 

Mine is just a cabinet with drawers and sadly, the reeded sliding doors are missing. There is some rust on the inside of the shelves, and some areas on the sides. I wiped down my cabinet, and thought about repainting it. Nah, I decided it gave the cabinet, some patina. LOL Besides, being too lazy to do it. After, cleaning it up. I decided I wanted to add some vintage Meyercord decals to it... 

I decided to use a set, that was already opened. So, I used the cute blue bear, and blue sheep. I cut them as close as possible, and trimmed off the excess. I set them on top of the cabinet doors I wanted to place them on. Having a slight visual of what they may look like helps a lot. I warmed up some tap water and one by one, I set the decal onto the cabinet doors. First, the bear, and then the sheep. On wood, these vintage decals set fast, but on tin, they took a lot more time to set, and I was able to adjust them.
In the end, I also added some stickers with the same style Meyercord decals of bunnies on the drawers. I used some scrap booking cards that comickitsch gave me last time, as temporary sliding doors on the upper cabinet. Just for now, until I can get either reeded glass or frosted panels to put in. What do you think?



I just love how it turned out, and it will be a great piece to hold or display some cute things on! I'll update you all, when I get the sliding doors in or figure out what else I could use to replace them with...

It was fun to just add a bit of cuteness to this piece and make it unique.

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment