Thursday, February 25, 2021

My Happy Bear Dreams Came True!!!

 I just have to share this!!! I've been waiting patiently for a little over 2 weeks for this cutie to arrive...

My hubby bought me this guy for my birthday, and he's been one of my ISOs for awhile since selling my medium sized one. I've tried trading my other Rushtons, even rare ones just for this guy. But, no takers. And I don't blame them. The Rushton Happy Bear is the most desired, I've found and is the most expensive when it is listed on Ebay. So, I will treasure having this bear for some time to come... Squeee!!!

When I got him yesterday, he was just stuffed inside the box, no plastic bag to keep him dry from wet weather, no bubble wrap, nothing!!! WTH Ugh, seriously people!! I took a snap of him below just before his wash...
He's about 17 inches tall, and filled with foam pellets, just like my multi-color Happy bear. But, most of his foam pellets have disintegrated or fallen out. His fur is matted and dirty. So, my work begins. I placed him in the wash under delicate cycle. When I took him out, no holes, and no rips on him, lucky. He is missing his tag, but he does have The Rushton Co. logo under his chin.
I brought him into the house and layed him down to dry for a bit. Because his body is filled with foam, he dries faster. Just like the white large bunny restored. So, I began brush his fur, and taking out any dirt left behind after the wash or things stuck in his fur. His face as you can see in the photo below, is dark a bit and had marks. I used magic eraser carefully not to remove original paint and wiped his face down. I took off any unwanted marks. Like the one you see on his cheek. I then, touched up the paint on his eyebrows, hairline and nose. Added some blush to his cheeks and I was basically done! Yay!

I thought about washing him again, since his fur didn't get as white as I had hoped for, but I chose not too. Mostly because I didn't want any rips or any other problems to arise. I added a blue satin ribbon and he was done! His foam pellets do fall out from time to time, so I may want to completely remove that and stuffed him with cotton later. I did add a tingaling sounder to him since I was adding stuffing. So now, he is the most unique with a tingaling sound in him. Teehee!



Thank you to my husband for spoiling me with this amazing gift, that I will treasure. I love you!! Doing my Happy Dance...

Be safe and well dear friends!!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment