Monday, February 22, 2021

What's Up?!

 February has come, and is now on its way out! Time flies doesn't it? Well, at least when you are older it seems to go by in a flash, and you wonder what day it is or what month it might be! Ahhh, such is life...

Busy can't describe half of what goes on here. So, here I am a few weeks later to share what I've found and what things I've come across... Enjoy!

I finally got my Acid Banana necklace from UK. It was a trade between the amazing artist Susie Wong of Acid Banana and I. She loved a few of my shop goodies and we traded for one of her necklaces. Which by the way are worn by a famous music artist, Post Malone!! Susie creates playful jewelry and repurposes Chanel buttons in her works! I love the fact that its repurposed!! She added a few fun gifts too! Thank you dear Susie!! Sadly, mail has taken so much more time to get to me, even with Stateside mail. I don't think it will ever get better... On my Bday, I got this cute handmade organizer basket from a dear friend, who is currently Stateside. I love the Skeleton mermaid design. It will get a lot of use, that is for sure!!


I also decided to get these two Roly poly dolls in blue and pink. I meant to sell both, but after seeing the blue baby, I think he will make a great photo prop too! Besides how can one resist their cuteness!! The pink is still currently listed in my shop for adoption! These are smaller versions of the Rolypolies. About 7.5 inches tall. I was also able to find another Chocoholic shelf. This time it has 4 tiers. I just love this retro shelf. Their colors and design, remind me of the vintage shelving of the 1950s and 1960s, but in colors, not the drab browns or blacks.



Next, I decided I needed a Tee from Fugly Barbie on Etsy. I got the sweatshirt last time, but on Guam its too hot to wear. So a Tee would be perfect, and in pink too! I also had the idea to take the Ken Elephant Nostalgia miniature albums, and create a scrapbooking fun pic, below. I basically took some cute Rushton plushy photos and made them into tiny Polaroids and Tada! A mininature scrapbooking sesh! It was fun to shoot too!

Also, I found this lovely tan gal, a vintage Japan mascot blonde doll. She is huge and has movable arms. I didn't realize they made them like that. Generally, they only have the simple twisting arms up and down, and not sideways. Neat! She was in near perfect condition for being over 40 years old!! I will keep her for now. I also was able to snag this lovely My Toy rubber face bear. At first, I thought he was a bunny. But when he arrived, he was in fact, a bear! I love his face, so chipper too! He was washed and fluffed and I added a blue satin bow. He will live with me for now.



On Valentine's Day, the hubs, got me this lovely box of Parisco treats!! Thank you my love!! It was enjoyed every other day, then week after Valentine's too! Parisco always makes some unique yummy treats! They are my fave place to go for nomnoms. Even the card Sam got me was just too sweet! He always knows how to make me smile. Next, I also found these cute Sekiguchi tan boy and girl dolls. I have seen them often, and decided to get them to add to my shop.


I also won this vintage rubber face Kitty plush in purple on Ebay. Made by My Toy also, he needed a good washing. When he arrived, he smelled of strong perfume and musty odors. He also needed a lot of cleaning on his face. He is quite unique with his licking lips mouth. Still has his original tag and there are wires in his body to help you pose him and in his tail. He's quite unique and was adopted as soon as I listed him in my shop!


Last, I needed an updated photo of my current Rushton plush family. I hope to be downsizing soon. When, not sure. But slowly. These are my faves so far and these days, they are just too expensive and even harder to find cheap... ugh. Which makes it harder for me to decide to let any go. I know I will not find them again and for the price that is good.

I hope you all have a great month! Stay safe and well!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment