Friday, April 30, 2021

Adorable Finds!

Here's what came in... I was able to snag this lovely Jennyeveryday yellow bunny wall plaque! Just too cute and will go with my blue one I already have. Next, I won this lovely Toei Animation Little Mermaid book! I have been wanting the book for some time now. I was very surprised that I even won!! Usually I'm outbidded. Now, I have the art print photos and this book in my collection. Yay!



This lovely vintage set of unopened and mint beaded wallets are already listed in my shop! Just too cute and did I say mint!! Yup, mint! I had a few commissions the past few days and worked on each of them. The vtg Gund Thumper red bunny plush, had disintegrated foam stuffing inside. It was like sand as I removed it. Luckily, I had a lot of stuffing in my arsenal to replace it with. He just needed a touch up on his facepaint and some simple fixes on his collar and he was done. This version is one of my favorites of the Thumper series of plush characters.



 
Then, I found this lovely vtg My Toy kitty from a vtg shop and was able to adopt her. She just needed some minor fixes, touch up of face paint and a good wash and she is now adorable again! I love these sad faces too much! LOL Adorable coloring too! Below, a fellow collector's plush Rushton Panda. James of seafoodpasta on IG was at a loss, because this cutie needed fur fixing. He had patches of fur missing. Poor baby! His issues kicked my butt too! I had to fix his felt paws and feet, which were quite easy to do. But, it was the missing fur... I had to find some. Luckily, I was able to get some from a source via California. As soon as it arrived, I was able to begin the tedious job of figuring out how to do this... In the end, I was able too. Whew! I spent at least 4 to 5 hours on his fur alone.


And I think he turned out nicely. Whew! Just touched up his rosey cheeks and he is now on his way back home to James! It was definitely a challenge and I am in no way always an expert at this whole restoration thang, but it is definitely bitter sweet when it does work out in the end. 

Well, Happy Friday where ever you are in the world!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment