Friday, June 18, 2021

Restorations...

 I've been on a roll as of late, restoring some adorable bunnies that have arrived the past week or so...

I've been obsessed by these sleeping bunnies since a fellow collector created her white Jellybuns and I adopted one. So, I was on the hunt for a sleep bunny, and sure enough when I found one, more followed. I bought a few to restore and add to my shop, well most actually. But after cleaning them up, adding satin bows and giving some a lace skirt... Well, I fell in love with them. Ugh!! The yellow sleepy bun is by Rushton, she is large and my favorite of the three I've found. I am definitely keep her! She just needed a wash, and replacement nose. Then, I took Alvina's idea of the lace or crochet skirt and bought some lace trims and added snaps to it. TaDa! She is a large version of Alvina's adorable white Jellybun, here in this post you can see what I speak of!

Then, I restored the rose pink bunny top photo of this post. She is actually a Gund Co. plush. The difference for her is that she has an X for her mouth, not felt tongue or puffy nose. She is lovely in her coloring too. I had to sew her satin ears though, the original ones were torn off. Poor baby. She is just as adorable and I love her coloring too! Next, I found a brown Gund Sleepy Bun. I believe she is more newer than the other, probably late 50s. She has the puffy nose and felt tongue, but her ears have a plastic straight piece inside it to keep her ears upright. No wires. She only needed minor restoring, a good wash and I added a satin dotted ribbon and the hot pink lace skirt. She is already listed in my shop!



Sometimes Ross stores surprise me! Taby found this pink Crosley record player. She actually found a black one for Sam, and I told her if she ever saw a pink or blue to think of me. LOL... and she did!! I plugged it in and its bluetooth as well! Yay! I played a vintage Miyako Maki art printed record from Japan, and also a fellow collector's band record with cute plushies on it. The Band is called, "Mint Lee Noka". Here I thought their music just instrumental, but, no. Their songs are adorable, as if the cute vintage plushies they have on their record come to life to play music. One of their songs is called "Midnight Celebration", and is sings about them coming to life to eat and play. Too cute!


I also received more copies of my New Book on my plush finds. They are already listed in the shop! Than, I asked sweet Sui of Suiberry minis to make me a mini version of her large sleepy bun and she did! She also made me a mini Chubby Tubby Cherub as a gift!! I was thrilled and so happy to receive them so quickly too! They are adorable additions to my mini Rushton collection too! The Yellow sleepy bun goes with me everywhere now!! Thank you sweet Sui, I love them!! Next, I had some adorable Tees made for my plushies, these are also available in my shop! Sadly, my Happy bear couldn't fit it, but at least my medium sized plushies can. I hope to bring in other styles soon too!


These adorable vintage Ado Mizumori ceramic lady ornaments are also in my shop! Very Rune Naito too! Love their bouffant hairstyles! Next, I found while searching this lovely vintage puppy pillow! It was handmade by someone's mom or grandmother back in the 50s or 60s, I believe. There is also a simplicity pattern it is made from. I fell in love with the fabric and that face!! Then, I could not help myself and adopted this wooden crib toy from a fellow collector's shop!! I love the colors and it's a pull toy. When you pull on the string, his legs and arms move up and down. Just too cute and made in Italy.



Last, these two cuties, I have already listed in my shop. The Knickerbocker pouty bear you probably have seen often, the difference is that this one has a music box at his back. I had to replace it since the original one was broken. He's been washed and repainted. I then, added this adorable striped 80s style shirt on him. Now he is ready to be loved and listed in my Etsy shop. The My Toy Co. bunny after, was an ebay find. He needed a good wash, a little touching up of his facepaint and I added more stuffing to his neck so that the head is stable. Replaced wires in his ears and added a blue satin bow. I believe he is another version of "Thumper" from this series of animals. Just the sweetest face too! Both are in my Etsy shop now!! If you don't see them, then, they have sold. Have a great rest of your week friends and collectors!!

Thank you so much for stopping in! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment