Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Busy Creating...

 As I slowly completed some projects the past few days, I was able to begin on others to get them done. I had actually gotten this adorable vintage rubber face cat girl doll from a fellow collector via IG. She had the doll up for auction and I was actually surprise to be the winner. I had gotten her since last week. Last night into today, I decided I would work on her!

Above photo not mine, from the auction on IG. She was basically, a rubber face modified onto a 12 inch doll body. She had two fashions with her. When she arrived, I took the head off and saw that the neck was pushed in from the back of the neck, and glued in order to fit the neck joint of the doll body. I was able to remove the glue on the neck area, but the rubber part of the back neck was bent inwards and glued to fit. So, I used an Exacto knife to slowly cut at the glue and allow for the rubber to be released from its position. I then, removed the tail which was sewn onto a crochet panty. I knew I would want to use the tail to add to the plush I was going to make for her body. She was cute as a dolly, but I thought she would be better as a plushie instead.

I decided I would use the pattern for the other My Toy Co. plush kitty I restored last time. I still had the old body and could make a new one with it. I began with white fur and decided that her underside would be pink, just the way the old plush was from the other cat. Generally, when I choose a color scheme, I try to go with what the rubber face looks like and since this face had white hair I figured a white body with pink underside would look amazing on her. I began with cutting out the pattern last night, and then started sewing. By mid day, all I had to do was stuff the body, add wiring to the front paws and close the stitching. A little fur trim to match the white fur. Then, touch up of her face paint and added some blush.
By the afternoon, I just needed to add a satin bow to her. Below, here she is side by side the My Toy Co. kitty. I think her plush body is perfect on her, the fur tail also matches her quite well on her backside. I may remove the satin bow and instead use blue cord with a little bell to make a collar... I absolutely love her wittle face! She turned out quite nicely. Ugh, that just makes it harder for me to let her go if I have too! LOL

Next, I received this lovely Acid Banana necklace as a trade from Susie on IG. I have been wanting this version of her necklaces forever!!! I am so glad to be able to have one. She sells out so fast it is really hard to get one. So this beaut will be treasured. I found this lovely vtg Gund bunny to restore and resell. She just needed a good wash and given a pinafore. She is quite unique and already listed in my shop! I also found this lovely maroon Easter 1940s plush bunny. She doesn't have satin ears, but still a lovely color! I may add her to my shop? Be checking my shop often!!


Then, I found this lovely vintage pink puppy sleeping plush. She was washed and I added some flowers and a bow to her. I hope to add her to my shop soon as well. I was going to keep her, because she reminded me of the cute puppy in the vintage baby card below!! Definitely a Gund in the card. But the one I found had no tag, so I don't believe she was a Gund. But, perhaps a Genie or Columbia Toy Brand plush.

Last, this lovely Artistic Toys Inc. vintage sleepy puppy in white and hot pink. She has in gold letters the name, "Marilyn". Perhaps Marilyn Monroe? Definitely vintage, she has a little bell on her tail and is just to cute with her sleepy face and tongue sticking out. I may keep her... Not sure yet?

Summer storms are coming and going. I hope you all are enjoying your summer daze?!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. I love how the rubberface looked on the doll body 😭 does the Instagram person who made it have anymore available?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear HazmatRoses, No, this was the only one she had. She said she has never found another. Hugs, Gigi

      Delete