Monday, April 17, 2023

4TH Restoration Attempt...

 Back in October last year, I shared with you all my bad experience with trying to restore a rare kitty plush by Rushton. Here is the post, "To Restore or Not to Restore, That is the Question?" It has been 4 months since that post and since I have tried to work on this little cutie. Today, I began my fourth attempt to restore her...

Here she is!! This time, I had to use a donor body, also a Rushton plush and vintage about 1950s as well. The body was a perfect match. No tag on the body, but still her rubber face has her stamp and the body of course is definitely Mary's signature style. She has a golden furry body with pink felt paws. I also restuffed her with Rushton cotton stuffing.

I added a pink satin bow. Now, she is as lovely as I remember. The fur has some missing patches, and that's okay too. Just glad this cutie looks way better than her original body. Which I still kept by the way. Nothing will be wasted! Whew, always happy when things work out in the end...

Thank you for Reading! ~ ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. She is the absolute cutest G!! Omg one of my fave face molds 🎀💕 what a dream! 🫧

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so very much Peter dear. I have been having such a hard time trying to restore her. But finally I am please with this outcome. LOL Hugs, Gigi

      Delete