Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Quick Trip to WA!!

I decided to take a mini vacay to see my sister in Washington and do some thrift shopping while there...
I took a mid day flight from Guam to Narita, Japan, only because my alarm didn't go off and I ended up missing the first flight, ugh. I made it into Narita safely and had a layover of a few hours, so I did some quick shopping...

 I ate some bento sandwiches and stopped by a new little shop they added to the terminal. It had these cute items too! I will have to try to get them on the way back perhaps! LOL I did pick up some snacks for my son and a few favorites for my sister.

 An ice cream dessert while I waited at the gate. I was able to get on the 11 hours flight from Narita into Denver, CO. Not too bad, and on First Class too. I had forgotten how huge Denver's airport was when we landed... Luckily, I had special assistance. Once at my gate for the Denver to SeaTac leg of my flight, I made sure to use the restroom, grab lunch and relax.
 My sister, Lita and her husband John, picked me up when I arrived and we headed to Walmart for groceries and they even took me to Sonic, for a taste. I just got a hotdog and fries. Not bad, but I guess I was expecting more. I will have to try their burgers next time. They both worked the next day. So, I decided I would try to drive while I was here and take myself to the stores that were around their area. Lita lived quite close to many things too! Yesss!

 I woke up the next morning, well-rested and ready to conquer driving around Olympia. I was able to get to Lowe's and found these cute Christmas deer. I was so thrilled, I thought for sure they had sold out! But, nope, there they were, I went picked one up and decided to maybe get two, but changed my mind. Because biggest decision was to figure out whether to ship it or hand carry it?! Sadly, they didn't have the blue hat and scarf version. I took my deer and headed to the register, even the cashier was making small talk about Bambi and how cute the movie was. Then, mentioning that she didn't realize Bambi was a boy deer, until later. Oh my goodness, LOL.

 My sweet deer, sitting shotgun. We headed to Hobby Lobby next. It was an early morning, about 10am so I took my time in there and basically, checked out all the cute dollhouse furnishings, glue, paints, craft isles... This place was my go to for all things crafts too. Hehe! I found these cute baby blue and baby pink mini light boxes! They were having a sale and I got them for like $4.99 each! Whaaaat!! Yup! Earlier in August, I had purchased one through ebay and the seller didn't want to send to Guam, so he refunded my monies. Lucky thing, I waited!! Ha! I got some elastic for Taby, a miniature stool for a dollhouse, miniature brown flocked cowboy hats, and miniature Santa hats too!

 Ashley working on a gift for Sara. She made Sara her fave character Bendy. My sister and her kids joined us a few days later to Tacoma Mall and we ate at Cheese Cake Factory there. Yum. I also made dinner while I was there a few times and even cooked the shrimp chips they had from my Dad's previous trip, for them. It was really good to just spend time with my sister and that was just what the doctor ordered. I even got a chance to visit my brother John and his wife Fe. It was truly a blessing to see them as well. I love my sibs so much!

 It was beautiful to see the trees change color too. Most of the time it was cold, but some days the temps were up in the 70s! It was a shocker. Sadly, because of the change of season, I ended up with a cough and cold. I went to Walmart and got some jeans, I saw this retro record player, I wanted to get one for my husband... LOL Next time. Lita and John even took me to Tukwila to Westfield Mall South Center Mall. They have a Daiso and Asian food market. It was good and I made sure to get some goodies at the Daiso too. Haha!







I was suppose to stay with my sister for a few weeks, but decided to head out to visit my son, Tevin in Rapid City, SD. You see he is stationed there and will be leaving early October for deployment. So, I gave Lita the news, and it was okay for both of us because, I will return in February to visit her again. My little companion above, wearing one of the flocked cowboy hats from Hobby Lobby! He's just adorbs!

 Thanks for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment