Friday, September 6, 2019

Japan Bottle Cover Find Etc!!

If you recall I found via IG this awesome Japan made doll, but my fellow collector friend, and I couldn't figure out what she may have been used as. So, I figured maybe she was a pin cushion doll... Well, while searching via Ebay, I found one mint in package, in UK and I immediately bought her! After a long wait, a month to be exact, ugh. She arrived safely. Global Mail on ebay sucks. I think Royal Mail was faster!! Anywho, here she is...
The card on the packaging says, "Mardigras Bottle Covers." with "Foreign" sticker at the backside of her dress. She is dressed in a yellow and black, a black bustier and white lace collar, with yellow bonnet and bow. She is new and even though the packaging is open slightly at the top, whoever had her, kept her in a clean place. She about 13 inches in length. I removed her from her packaging, and she is lovely, and so nice and minty too. Her dress could use some ironing. I place her on a bottle to compared her to the first doll I made into a pin cushion.



 Like sisters!! I would love to find the blue dressed doll mint like this one... Maybe someday! They are both gorgeous! Next, I found through Etsy, this lovely ceramic mod girl wind chime. She doesn't shine as loudly as I would like, but still cute nonetheless. She is quite unique and I love her in the garden most! Sadly, no markings. But, I do see her style of doll ceramic mostly as a coin bank.



 Last, this awesome vintage plastic baby doll coin bank I won from Yahoo Japan auctions. I was so sure someone would outbid me. But, nope! Yippee! She arrived safely to me as well, and I am so tempted to touch her up... She has mesmerizing blue eyes, with a blank ghostly stare. Spooky scary yes please! Haha, I wondered how she'd look with more color... So, I will see if I decide to add some. Her cap doesn't come off and their are no markings on her. But the seller simply put, Western Girl doll. That face though.... right?!

 I may touch up her lips and cheeks...

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment