Monday, June 22, 2020

Handmade Felt Pose Dolls

I recently became smitten by a fellow collector's pose doll from Japan. I wasn't sure if hers was handmade by her or her mother, when she was a child. But, her little doll was just too cute. So, I decided to try to make one for myself. I snapped a pic of her dolly and had Sara help me to make an outline of the doll from the photo I took. I then, drew and made a pattern to sew the actual doll. It took me a few days to sew and create them, but it was exciting to see if I could do it??

In the end, I made three! My pose doll is not exactly like hers, but close enough, and I even put wires inside, so she is able to hold poses too! Here she is by the drawing. Instead of flowers on her hair, I did bows. From my first attempt, you can see her arms and legs were cut separately and sewn all along the edges. But, you will see on the 2nd and 3rd dolls, I decided to fold and cut so, that I will only have to sew on one side, and also to give the arms some roundness to them.

My blue haired gal, "Bluette", above is my favorite at the moment. I had a lot of fun creating them! Blonde gal, "Sadie", below and also a red head gal, "Apple". Their dresses are same style, but different accents to them.



Them, being mischievous and taking over my bedroom wall and decor!! "Hey girls! Behave!!" Look at the attitude on Bluette below!!

I also received two boxes in the mail today. And, in one of them, is this adorable fawn pin cushion from Avi8rLady on Etsy!! I saw a fellow collector's post on her on Instagram, and immediately went to the shop and bought the last fawn, and she was exactly the one I wanted too! Sadly, she took a detour instead of coming through Hawaii, she went to Chicago. Haha! I was worried at first, but then, she made it safely to me. Karol was so kind to keep in touch to make sure this cutie arrived safely. Karol even added a cute pin as a gift!! I am just thrilled with my purchase and I hope she brings in more of these adorable fawns!! I will definitely be back for more!! You should check her shop out too, especially if you like to sew or know someone who does, they will love her cute pin cushions!!



The 2nd box, that came in, held this yumminess! Yup, I bought another ceramic Donut trinket box in Teal!! I couldn't help it. You can read this post where I got the 1st one, on Etsy. But, yeah, my pink Donut just looked to lonely on my cake stand. She needed a partner! LOL

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment