Saturday, June 27, 2020

Upcycling Fun!!

If you recall, I got a ceramic Lapin couple set here in this post. I was waiting for some cute things to arrive that I needed to make the girl bunny complete... It finally did!
I searched and found these vintage chenille mini bees on Etsy. Sadly, on 3 were left, but that works for me. I got two in blue and one in red. I immediately, glued the blue bee onto the little hole on the girl bunny's ear. Sure enough, the bee sat nicely and look at how adorable she is! I've seen these chenille bees on other figurines from Japan, like a Rune Bunny. They definitely finish her look, while holding a flower in her paws. Looks like a little bee wants to taste it! I listed the girl bun on my Etsy shop today at 12pm, Guam time and she sold in 7 minutes!! The boy bunny is reserved for a dear friend.
Those googly eyes are just the bees knees to me! Haha Don't you love Chenille dolls, animals and such!! I do! Especially those made in Japan, they are just intricate to me.


Next, I also received this mint in package, vintage Darice felt dolly craft head with yarn hair. I have plans for this beauty!! I love her eyes and cute hairstyle. She will make a very nice wall plaque, don't you think?! I began working on her today. If you look further below in my post, you can see how she turned out. I used blue satin fabric, and the same heart wood plaque I made this cute puppy into, here, in this post!
I then, added red and white gingham ribbon to hang it up with, and white glitter lace ribbon as a collar for her. I also decided to use some of those shiny pastel colored lettering from the Goody Store, along with some cabochon cabs in an ice cream soda and a hot pink bow! I may add something else, not sure what yet... Hhm...


Ohh, maybe she needs some pink tulle?!! I'll have to update this post, if I add that to her. Be sure to check back later if I do?! Haha. Last, I found this cute little toy pincher Bambi plush on Etsy, and all the way from Netherlands! It took him a little over a month, but he was worth the wait! He didn't have a tail or white spots on his back... So, I added them! I basically, took a vintage puff ball in white, glued it on, then painted it brown and nude tones. Then took some white paint, and added spots to his fur. He really looks like Bambi to me now. One of the reasons, I had to have him!!
Keep on creating, stay safe, and stay well everyone!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls


Updates!!
Okay, so I added the tulle and I think it looks better! What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment