Saturday, August 15, 2020

Internet Finds and More...

 This week, I worked on another rubber face cutie and here is how he turned out...

I decided to try yellow this time with the last bunny rubber face I had in my stash. And instead of using satin fabric for part of the ears, I used blue fur. I still used the chenille wires inside the ears and this time, I had sewn them into the seam between the ears and head. Which worked out really well. I added a rattle instead of the squeak sounders. He looks adorable, and I hope to add him to my shop later this weekend!



I also got a lot of happy mail on Friday!! Here's what came in, a retro TV shaker set, mini mermaid doll, a hug doll from Japan, a Lot of Lotte Licca doll accessories, and last a Lot of Kitty squeak toys. First, the hug doll. This one is quite unique and still mint in package. I fell in love with her eyes, they look a lot like the Pose doll eyes. I couldn't resist her and won her via Yahoo Japan. She has her original tag too. It is also from the Showa period, so she might be as old as my Bunka doll?






Next, this lovely Lot of Lotte Licca doll accessories and toy sets. I sorted through the Lotte items and will add these to my Etsy shop this weekend! Many cute accessories, including a lovely pet set. I will keep the shampoo bottles, pot with flowers, and tiny Glico box toy. I've always wanted a small version of that!! Yay! The Lotte items each come complete with Licca dolly stickers. There is a makeup case, a purse, a mirror compact, and a hanger with bag. So these will be added in my shop later...









The retro television set pair of shakers, are from 1988, as it says on the box. I've seen the original versions of these shakers sets, but I have always wanted this blue color. They make great miniatures in dollhouses too! So, I hope to use it with Tadie Muz or other similar sized dolls. Especially, in my scenic photos. They come with removable salt and pepper shakers at the top, and when you turn the knob, the shaker lift up by a plastic bar inside. Interesting! The cute vintage mermaid doll made in Hong Kong, I found after a commission for a friend. I might repaint her and then sell her... Not sure. Last, these toy squeak kitties in blue, pink, and yellow. Sadly, their squeakers are all disintegrated. I might try to fix them or redo their bottoms. They were mint in package, but I had to take them out because they were covered in the disintegrated particles, yuck.

They each come with a chain collar. The lettering at the bottom is also coming off and yellowed. I will have to see what I can do with them... More on them later.

I hope you all stay safe and well. Guam is going into lock down because of the spike in positive COVID numbers. Prayers to all...

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment