Thursday, August 20, 2020

Upcycling Fun!!

 Okay, so I recently received some vintage cuties, that otherwise would probably be thrown away... Instead, I decided to work on them and see if I can fix them...

Well, technically maybe no one would throw these beanie doll bodies away, but I wanted to take the cute bear faces I got last year and make some mini plushie bears for your dolls or for you!! Their eyes were touched up, and I made one a sleepy bear. I just added their satin bows too. Each bear can twist its head. Because the original dolls didn't have a neck base, that allows a twist, but the bear heads do. So, I kept that option when I put the bear heads on. And one had beans or plastic pellets inside, because it was made by another company, as compared to the other three. I will list the green, and two pinks. I plan on keeping the blue.
 




These vintage cutie cats, were briefly shown in an earlier post. After taking them out of their original baggies, sadly their squeak sounders disintegrated and it was filthy inside the baggies. So, I freed them and cleaned them up. I tried to see if I could remove the old sounder and put in a new one. Sadly, no dice. I had to replace the pink kitty's bottom with faux leather. I added a ribbon to each and replaced their original stickers with duck tape from the Daiso. They look like they are sitting atop a striped hat box. They are still displayable and adorable. I will keep the blue kitty for now. I hope to have the two kitties and the three bears listed in my Etsy shop.

I'm also working on this cutie. More on her later... Be sure to look out for the little bears and cats in my shop later today or tomorrow. Since I am having some internet issues.

Thanks so much for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment