Saturday, August 8, 2020

Kitschy Cute Finds Today!!

 Before I share with you about my latest finds. I just have to vent a bit...

In one of my blog posts, I shared about a shop and my experience. Sadly, the opposite of what I was trying to do, happened. All of a sudden, buyers were bothering this seller with false accusations, just to get something for free. It was unbelievable. I pride myself in sharing the good things others do and their shops, in hopes that the kindness they showed me, would be given back to them. 

I can't believe how some people, have instead, taken it upon themselves to try to take advantage of this seller. From now on, unless I feel that any repercussions of a fellow shop owner will not be compromised. I will no longer say what shop or where I find my items, except in a general way. I am not here to have people take advantage of other's kind hearts. I only share the love of finding vintage items and the research, and the work it takes to know what these items are, in hopes that it can help other collectors, who want to know. Please spread kindness, there's enough evil in the world already.

Okay, end of my rant there. Thank you for listening.

This week, has been good and these are the items that have arrived. Mostly from Japan. I was able to find more Rushton fabric, a Lot of flocked cuties, a commission for a fellow collector, a 2nd Rune yellow cat figurine, Azone Pureneemo doll fashion, a cute paper doll, and a minty Minny doll!

First, these lovely retro fancy Rushton stuffed animals fabric, I found one in black with white dots, and one in pink with white dots. I love the quality, Japanese fabric is always in lovely quality. I will be adding these to my shop. For some odd reason, blogger is not allowing me to put photos closer together. So, in advance, sorry for the spreading out of photos... ugh.

I found another ceramic Rune bunny via Yahoo Japan, this one is actually a commission. She arrived safely and is in lovely condition. I've found this style of bunny before and sold it in my shop. Rune ceramics are just too kitschy cute to me!! Next, I found a Lot of flocked red ceramics from an online shop in Japan. The red flocking is in good condition overall, sadly no makers markings. I just needed to clean them up a bit. The squirrel has silly eyes, but that's what makes him, just adorable. The red cats are in quite good condition for their age, and still have their chain. The smaller one is just made of foam. I've had a bear set similar to these, back in 2017. So, it's been awhile since I found something similar. I will add both into my shop. So look out for them. I will also be adding some items from my personal collection too, so be on the look out!


Here is the lovely Ribbon paper doll I found on another online Japan shop. It was quite expensive, but I just love her nostalgic look and art. She has her legs attached by those metal paper fasteners from the 60s, if I recall. We used to use them at school for short story projects with the kids. But, back to the doll, LOL it allows her to seemingly sit or stand. Love it!! Ribbon, was a manga for girls in Japan. Often, the magazine gave little paper dolls, crafts projects, etc. using stationary or paper to create things you could display in your room. These older craft items like paper dolls are my favorite. Ahhhh, the 1950s and 60s were just a simpler time...



Above, the Azone lingerie fashion I found for Lilith. I love blue and pink, but was only able to find blue from an online shop. Azone makes some cute kind of sexy fashions. So, I will try this out on her later... I also found a 2nd yellow Rune cat figurine. He needed a bit of touch on his nose, and his ears, but I left that to the new owner. He even had a bow on him already. He will be listed in my shop and he has his original Rune sticker too!
Last, for today, is this lovely Yes/No Minny doll by Tsukuda. I've found this type before and sold it in my shop. She is the lovely rare version in closed eyes. She is nice and minty too! Sadly, missing her booklet, she will come with her read dress, with white beanie hat, socks, and red Maryjane shoes. Her eyelashes are nice and full too! So, check my shop soon. I hope to have all my items listed later today!

Have a wonderful and safe weekend. Guam has gotten a rise in positive COVID numbers. So, I hope we can bring it down again. Stay safe and well everyone! Above all be KIND!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment