Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Happy Joe Etc...

 I recently found this awesome vintage child's cup named, "Happy Joe". It arrived to me today, and I just love the graphics on the box! The cup itself is pretty ingenious...


"Drink with Happy Joe!" Made in the 1950s, by Consolidated Molded Products. As the graphics on the box says, "Watch Happy grow as you drink!" He came in blue or pink. When you turn him left it locks him in the short height. When you turn right, he is tall. So, when you add a drink, the weight of the liquid pushes down on him so he appears small. As you drink the liquid from the straw(Not included), he appears to grow up. How cute is that for kids! Haha just adorable! Definitely a keeper. I love his face too! He will live with me for a bit...
 
 


I also, found this lovely Cameo Lady Head Bust named, "Eve" on instagram. She is quite heavy too. Lovely 1968 series and number 2000 Limited Ed.. I don't know if she is missing earrings or not? But, she is listed in my Etsy shop already. Next, this lovely minty Knickerbocker Rag doll named, "Jill". I love her eyes. She is made in Japan, and still in her packaging. I just took her out for a photo. Than, I found three in lovely condition Rune Naito ceramic Bunnies via an online Japanese website. I immediately, made the purchase and they arrived to me late last week. I have already sold them in my Etsy shop! All three in just 2 days. Oh my!


Last, are these two amazing and adorable vintage Japan Indian pose doll girl hangings. Found on Etsy, they made it all the way here from Thailand, whew! Unfortunately, it took a month, but I'm just so please they are here safely! Yay! These are stockinette dolls, just like pose doll materials, with yarn for hair, and other cute embellishments on them: like sheer satin ribbons, rik rak and felt flowers. There is a gold tone chain fastened to the back of the head, to hang them from. I love their big eyes with eyelashes too. Both have the markings, "Japan" stamped on them. They remind me of the 1960s or early 70s with their style and look. Very Ayumi Uyama to me, bright rosey cheeks, and red lips. They will live with me for a bit too!




Guam, is entering its second week of lock down. So far, we are having many positive COVID numbers, daily. Seven people have now died from the virus since March. The youngest was 34 years old. I pray we all make it through this. Please stay safe and well my friends...

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. All your finds look amazing as always! I love those Rune Naito bunnies!
    Hope you're keeping safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear AeroHail, aww, thank you lovely! I truly appreciate it. Aren't they cute! These bunnies do show up often. So, hopefully I can locate more for those who want to own em'. Thank you again so much dear! I hope you are safe too! Many hugs, Gigi

      Delete