Sunday, August 30, 2020

Fashion Pet N More...

 This past week, I received in the mail some quirky and usual vintage goods. First, this "Fashion Pet" from Japan. She arrived mint in box. The graphics on the box are unique and adorable. Showcasing many different ways one can pose the doll. This mascot doll has bendable arms and legs. I believe she has a wired armature body, red boots with one having an obvious magnet underneath, and metal base. The dolls head is similar to Chiko chan or My Toy's Tiny Terry, but wearing a hat. Unfortunately, its glued on. She also has a scarf, making her groovy to the times. The box says, "Fashion Pet", and also, "Fresh Pose Doll". Quite unique if you ask me. She stands about 5 1/2 inches tall. I will be reluctantly adding her to my shop later today... Haha!



 


Next, I purchased this lot of Glico toys, they were having a sale in this one online shop. I've always wanted the red pram, and found a desk, along with a paddle fan with anime art on it, and a basket. I will decide if I for sure, and the other items may be added to my shop later on too. The desk has drawers you can pull out. Neato! I also won a Lot of mostly kitty themed miniature toys, etc. from Yahoo Japan. I wasn't going to bid on it at first. But, on the day the auction ended I did, and won. I didn't realize that one of the cuties in it, was something I'd be interested in til' I saw the auction photo! LOL All kinds of gumball toys, from Glico toy cats with wild moving eyes, to a more recent key chain of a kitty in school uniform, a ship, a bunny and a dog. I have already added a few of the items in my shop. I do plan on keeping the little Beige fur kitty and tin cat whistle.








I wanted to share a bit more about this cutie above, the furry beige kitty. I've found one once before in this post here back in 2018! Whoa, just realized that was some time ago, and I'm still on the search for the other animals in this series. They are tiny mascot rubber pet brooches, not exactly sure the name of them except "Mascot". But, I know these are made by Nihohira Japan. Now, that I have the two side by side, I'm glad I did win the auction. Because now, I have a blue and beige one. These are the tiniest rubber toys I've seen from the Ninohira collection. Next, this lovely pink sketch bag by Margaret and the words, "Mylene" on it. I believe it is a later sketch bag as the art on it is not by Masako W.. Not sure the artist name on this one. But looks to be about early 70s. I've added it to my shop yesterday and it sold overnight! These bags are great for holding your sketch books, art brushes, colored pencils, etc.



Next, this lovely vintage catalog of Easter and Valentines plush toys. It doesn't actually say what company it is from, but I am assuming it was a manufacturer's catalog for stores to order plushies for their upcoming Easter season lines. In it, there are many plushies I've seen sold as "Carnival" or "Fair" toys and prizes. My faves are the bunny plushies. I have the small one similar to the blue shown at the 2nd to the last photo in my pics below. Mine of course in Mint green. Still I love the details in these pages, they even tell the sizes and if they are musical or not. Just dreamy!  Great for reference too! Sadly, no prices.




Last for today, this lovely vintage rubber mermaid doll. Yes, I found another. Haha. This one, I decided to see if I could change her up a bit. I actually received her 2 weeks ago. I started off with repainting her tail using pink spray paint. That didn't work out well. So, I remove the paint as best I could and painted her with acrylic paint instead. A lot better. I wanted to change her hair color. So, I rerooted her too! Cleaned her face up and added some blush to her cheeks. Some of the pink paint can still be seen, but not too bad. LOL After the reroot, I trimmed her hair a bit, but I may trim her some more. Having long hair makes it a bit challenging for her to sit up. Now, she reminds me of Marina...


Guam is on lock down for another week. We need to bring our numbers down. Stay safe and well my friends.

Thanks for reading this post! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment