Monday, July 5, 2021

Another Rare Find!!

 I recently received the icing on the cake plushie by Rushton!! This adorable vintage Rushton bear in pastel colors and holding a little blue plush bear of his very own!! I have only seen this type from a Japan shop that sold it long ago... So, of course to my excitement, finding it was truly a blessing in disguise!!

 He arrived safely from a seller in Texas. Upon inspection, he was in pristine condition for its age. A cream and pink rubber face bear with the similar face mold to the Chubby Tubby. Sadly, no tag, and I could not see his stamp under his chin. He wears pink pants with satin pink ribbon as suspenders, and adorable pastel blue buttons. His satin ribbon tie was somewhat wrinkled up, and may just need a good ironing. The little plush blue bear has felt ears, tongue, plastic eyes, and sewn on nose. His bow was also pink and kind of too thin for my taste. So, I added a nicer bow on him. The chubby bear is about 14 inches tall. He is definitely a part of my Rushton Collection now!

A view of his backside. I replaced the small safety pin, as the last one was all rusty. He is simply the cutest Chubby Tubby bear I've seen in this version. The seller was so sweet and wrote me a lovely note and shared with me the story of how this bear was found. "This particular plush I found recently at an estate sale, it was a keepsake item, it was in a cedar chest along with old baby clothes blankets, and a few other toys, but this was the only rubber face" I think that it why he was so stunning. I did have to touch up his blushing a little, and seal his face, which helped a lot. Because sadly, his rubber face was getting oily in feeling and gave off a stickiness to it. Yuck! But, with the sealant I used, that was gone. Yippee!!


The Japanese shop that had him up for sale long ago. Also, here he is side by side with my Chubby Tubby Cherub. Same face mold too. He is just adorable and I love him!! A welcome addition to my little collection for sure!


This lot of vintage dime store vinyl dolls, I also found online and if you look closely, they look just like "Chico-Chan" or "Tiny Terry". The lot included a blonde, a brunette, and a dark brunette doll. They have arms, and heads that can twist, sadly their shoes are painted on, and legs are stationary. Just too cute! I had gotten so many requests for them, that they sold through IG. I'm just glad others will enjoy them! Next, I had gotten a vintage rubber face plush cat, that had a weird combination of colors and his plush and stuffing had cardboard in him. Seriously, very odd indeed. So, I threw away his old body and remade him into this laying kitty with a rattle! He was snatched up in my Etsy shop already!!

Then, I found this lovely vintage mermaid doll mascot made in Hong Kong. She just needed a good washing and touched up her eye shadow and blush. I listed her in my shop and she was adopted as well. They are quite rare and often hard to find too. I finally became inspired after making the purple kitty above, to finish Sara's pink kitty. The first attempt, I did I was trying to create this similar stance for her plush, but had no pattern. Since I remade the body for the plush kitty here, I have her old body as a pattern now, and was able to complete Sara's kitty. She loves her and I'm just so happy that I finally had her completed. She had been sitting in my boxes for several months now. LOL



Last for today, this adorable very small celluloid blue puppy toy. I thought was a rattle but it doesn't work? Not sure, Still so cute. I will use him in some photos. They are available at KitschandKawaii on Etsy! I missed out on the other colors darn, but still this cutie is special.

Last week Friday, I had 2 biopsies. It was a very odd surgery to have done, and quite uncomfortable. The surgery was called a "Stereotactic Biopsy". Just look it up and you will see what I mean. It is something I don't think I want to experience again. So far healing is fine and it wasn't as invasive as it sounds. I hope to find out results in a week or so, as the lab that it goes to is off island and in Hawaii. Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers, they are very much appreciated.

I hope you all are enjoying your Independence Day weekend! Have a great one!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment