Sunday, July 11, 2021

Vtg Celluloid Toaster Shaker and More!

 A lovely few decent finds have arrived...

This celluloid vintage toaster shaker is quite unique. At first glance you'd think it was a toy. But it isn't. The bread slices are shakers for salt and pepper. The black top with floral design is what caught my attention as well as the simple cuteness of a toy. I believe its 1940s, and made in the USA.



I was finally able to find this lovely Premier mint in package doll watch. I have seen them often mostly in Japan auctions, but they sell for a lot. This one I found on Ebay and for dirt cheap compared to the others. I love the packaging and it will be a nice little display. The band is made of elastic, the clock face is tin with movable plastic clock arms. Just adorable for your dolly to wear!

I have seen this lovely Marie Cake Kewpie doll made by Lisa Loria, often via many collectors on IG. I've always wanted one and since Lisa mentioned it would be the last time she'd make them. I made sure to get myself one. These adorable Kewpie dolls, she creates to look like Marie Antoinette with pretend cakes underneath the glass dome atop a cake stand. How ingenious!! Mine arrived last week. It took a month for her to work on it and I'm so thrilled to have at least one of her works in my collection! Lisa, you inspire me dear!!
Last to arrive as far as vintage finds, is this 1930s Japan paper mache' jointed Patsy type doll. She stands about 8 inches tall and needed re-stringing. I love her face. She is a welcome sight and a great addition to my collection and so unique. I tried to find any information on her, and nothing has turned up. Just adorable and I can't wait to use her in some of my photos! I was also inspired to work on the vintage rubber face bunnies I got a few months ago and I made them into Roly Poly dolls with rattles in them! I also used the Japan Rushton plush fabric on them as you can see a Happy bear! They are both listed in my Etsy shop, and the blue with pink has already sold.


My plush kitty beside them for scale. The black with pink is still available in my shop! I then worked on a bit larger version of my felt rolypolies, and this Panda came to light! He just adorable and I added a 'tingaling' sounder in him. He is also listed in my shop just today! Loved the way he turned out.

Happy Sunday near and far!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment