Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Making a Tree Skirt and More...

      I've been trying to keep busy as of late. No appointments given to me as yet. So, I decided to make a tree skirt for my little pink table tree I decorate during Christmas. I started off with the idea to use some more of my Rushton fabric from Japan and the cute Alice in Wonderland iron-ons I got from my local Goody store...

I couldn't work on it a week after coming up with the idea, because I had to wait for the pompom trim to come in. When it did, it was a bit larger in size than I had hoped, but still lovely. I didn't have a pattern to make it. So, I formed the circle, using the lid from my vintage plastic hamper! LOL Yup, I did! I figured it was just about right size for the circle. I then, cut the baby blue satin fabric and then the Rushton fabric to size. I cut a line towards the center of the circle on the fabric to make the opening of the skirt, where it ties. Then, another smaller circle at the center for the tree trunk. I used satin baby pink ribbons and sewed them into the skirt along with the baby pink pompom trim. Turned it inside out and TADA! I was almost done. It was definitely a little bit rough as you can see, but it will do, since it is only for me...
It took the next day to find out where I had placed my iron. Yup, don't iron much, if rarely at all. Teehee, I'm a wash, dry and wear kinda gal. Found it and added the Alice iron-ons. It was fun to watch everything come together! Now, I have a reversable table tree skirt! I can use one side this year and a different side the next! LOL

From Japan, I received a box with some adorable items, like this Fujiya Peko chan rug and key chain tins. I've always wanted the Peko chan vintage sign, but its very expensive to buy even in Japan. So, this mat is cheaper and more affordable for me. The key chains, I've added to my Etsy shop if any are interested. They are cute to hold little things and you can have them hang off your keys or purse!

The rubber face ladies with adorable hats or bonnets, I shared in my last post here. I made them into roly polies too! These are also with rattles in them. I have added them into my Etsy shop for sale. Next, are these amazing High Fashion Lina by Takara doll fashions made by My Balloon, a Japanese doll artist. I just happened upon her blog while searching up information on Lina dolls. Oh my goodness, she created these lovely mod style fashions for another collector of Lina. I had to ask if it was alright for the very same fashions to be created for me and the other collector said yes! Thank you dear!! Yaya, did an amazing job! I love each of them!!

I chose this lovely peach nighty number with hat, this amazing mod style dress with hat, below, and last, the Liberace style in red with lace ruffles below!!


I also received this lovely vtg plush bear made by Chiltern, England!! I have been searching for one for 2 years!! Now, I finally have one! He is blue and white fur, with pink ears, paws, and feet. Just adorable and a welcome addition to my little plushy collection! Chiltern is a company that made rubber face plushies similar to Rushton Happy Bears, but painted differently. Some say, they are Rushton knock offs? Who knows...
I also found these lovely Love, Love Usagi mint in box Rune bunny couple for a fellow collector. I was surprised no one had snatched these up. In lovely condition and to see their box was a treat for sure! I decided to take my Winkin' Rushton kitty and give him a restoration... He had the orange sponge inerts and they needed to be trashed, some turning hard and most into sand. I replace his stuffing and decided to touch up some of his nose, lips and cheek blush. He is very special and the only cat I own I believe. Haha!

I hope you all are staying safe and well? Until next time!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment