Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Rushton Wall Mount!

 Late May, I was doing my usual searches and I came across a plush wall mount, that looked familiar. As I searched my scans of an old Rushton catalog, here's what I discovered...

This lovely vintage plush wall mount of a tiger, is actually a Rushton Plush Trophy mount!! In the scan of the catalog, it only showcases a black bear, a polar bear, and a tiger. But looking closely of the jawline and mouth of this tiger I found on ebay. It is exactly the same. The stamp on the backside unfortunately is unreadable. But, I am definitely convinced it is a Rushton.


You can see below, the scan, same type shape of the wood for the mound, and use of glass eyes along with rubber mouth. Because I shared it on Tiktok and IG, a few fellow collectors learned that they own a black panther, and tiger trophy as well!! LOL Glad I could be of help guys! They do show up often, one just has to keep a look out! Mine is displayed on my bedroom wall. He's definitely unique!


I've also been obsessed lately with finding vintage rattle dolls and the like... I just love their hand painted features, cuteness, and that they still exist! I found a lot below and started to fix them. The clown large rattle doll is already listed in my shop. The little small ones too and one has already sold. I finished restringing the kitty one. Which was quite a challenge, but I figured a way to do it. I touched up his face and now he's just adorable!




I also repainted this Plakie rattle and added a blue satin bow. The rattle doll below that had some nail polish on him, and he needed restringing as well. Here he is before and after. He is a lot smaller than the ones I generally find and so cute too! I will be keeping him.

I hope June is going well for you! Take care and happy collecting!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment