Thursday, May 16, 2019

Updates on Some of my Finds!

I showed you in my last post about a Boudior doll made in Japan. I did more research on her and honestly, nothing exact on her showed up. But, I did however find some similarities to her...
From my search, I found that there are two things she might have been made for, a pin cushion or a brush/broom. I did notice that the brushes or brooms the half dolls that came up, had full arms, and were mostly porcelain, but pin cushions of the same time the half dolls were arm-less. So, that pretty much gives me the idea, that since these pin cushion half doll is arm-less, that perhaps she was a pin cushion? Of course it won't be definitive unless, I find one that is complete. Also, most wore pretty ball gowns or slip dresses, similar to this one. I want to iron out her skirt, but scared the fabric may get damaged. We'll see...

 Then, I also worked on getting those plastic anime girl pendants into necklaces. I added some satin ribbon and two are listed in my shop. I will keep the two in the first pic.

 I was also able to win this vintage pink Rushton French poodle. Above, is the seller's pic and she needed some cleaning up. Below, is how she turned out afterwards... She came with her original collar, leash, and gold ribbon with flowers. I took off all the items and washed her. She needed a sew behind her ear, and I added some blue bows to her ears. I just replaced her original collar, flowers and leash. She turned out lovely. A bit of brushing of her fur and Ta Da! She was back to her former glory! Ha!





I may add her to my Etsy shop soon. Along with some items from my collection soon. So be sure to keep an eye out on my shop!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment