Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Before You Speak...

 ...Listen. Before you write, think." is the quote for today. It has been a nice, easy going week. Here are my vintage finds that have arrived to me, safely...

I bought these two adorable nude angel ornaments, because they were unique. Both made in Japan, They have wire with sheer fabric wings at the back, closed eyes, and hands in prayer. Great to hang upon your tree this season. I also received a box from Japan, with two Yahoo Japan items, I won. This lovely ceramic puppy head coin bank. I cleaned him up and added the pink satin bow and rubber stopper. He is already listed in my shop. His eyes are stickers and possibly earlier versions of Rune Naito or Ado Mizumori.


This lovely large posedoll, is similar to others I've found before. But, this one is my 2nd little girl. As the others are a Princess or Southern Belle Lady. This little cutie, has some issues, like her leg is bent in at her calf, and she had a smudge stain on her right cheek. I wiped it a bit, and hopefully it helped. She needed replacing of her bows on her braids. She wears a red dotted satin dress, and red shoes. Quite lovely I think. Now, to decide if I will keep her or not... Haha!


This lovely upcycled Cinderella book, I found through Etsy at, "OstentifieousGoods"! As a little girl, this was my favorite Golden Book. I used to read it over and over, and look dreamily on the illustrations. Not because I wanted a Prince, but because I loved the way the artist drew Cinderella's tiny feet. As I've shared before, I am born with, "Clubfeet". Growing up, I used to wish I had normal feet and be able to wear slippers like hers... Well, one can still dream. The book is made into a journal/sketch book, with extra pages in between the story to write or draw in. How cool is that?! A treasure for sure. The shop has an amazing idea of upcycling old books. I hope they make others!



This lovely ceramic girl with her cat figurine, I had been eyeing for the past 2 weeks. I wasn't sure if I should get her. But now, I am so glad I did. She is made in Japan and has the oddest looking eyes. Haha! As she glares at her kitty. So sweet and her coloring too. I added a ribbon, but may change it to satin instead. Next, I received from Yahoo Japan auctions, a Lot of vintage dolls by Sekiguchi and others. In the lot, is this lovely green jumper Gege doll, similar to the smaller one I shared from last post. They are like sisters. I've already listed the entire lot in my Etsy shop. The taller green Gege is adopted. There is a bonnet girl, not made by Sekiguchi. She is different with her 'Southern Belle' style, and her shoes can come off. Where as the Sekiguchi girls shoes, don't. I love her face too! The three mermaid dolls have color changing hair! From Pink to Purple, Green to Blue, and Yellow to Orange!! Each will be sold separately.






Next, this lovely posedoll with craft hoop. I bought this one from a fellow collector that had it listed on IG. I was so surprised no one else snapped it up. It arrived safely and Katie even added a few treats! How sweet. I love the unique look of the artwork. It is basically, fabric from a white blouse... Then, she printed these cute posedollies on it, and secured it on the hoop. Just adorable and great to hang up too!


Last, my little pink pastel Christmas tree above, I received some blue silk apple ornaments and this lovely pink gingham angel from a lot. Paired the new arrivals with some of last years decor and now, my little tree display is complete! Below, is our living room tree. Taby came down on her day off from work, and helped us to paint the wall to freshen it up. Then, we put up our tree! It looks amazing thanks to her, Sam and Sara!!

Have a safe and blessed week everyone!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment